Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Sunshine


1. 13 - This little turkey is thirteen months old now. I can't believe how quickly the time flies and how all of a sudden he's a toddler and no longer my little baby. Little tidbits on this dude:

- He's been very into laundry this week. He loves to help me put clothes in the washer, turn the washer on, take things from the washer and put them into the dryer, push the dryer button, and he loves, most of all, when it's time to put everything away in the drawers.

- He's obsessed with TUMS bottles. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but this kid has a one track mind of "I need to find the TUMS bottle!"

- He's quite the wobbly runner and is starting to love to rough house.

- Going to the grocery store is great fun for him. I buckle him in, but he turns around in the seat, gets onto his knees, and bounces as he squawks hello to all the passers by. He gets lots and lots of smiles, and I love it.





2. Celebration- Chuck got a raise this week and we celebrated at Texas Roadhouse. We even got brave enough to take Davis along. He was delighted and spent the entire time flirting with the waitresses. But that's a tangent. Point is: I am do grateful for a husband who works hard and provides so well for our little family. We feel very blessed.

3. Forgotten - Yesterday at my Ragtime rehearsal we came to a part of the show that I'd forgotten about. I was overcome with emotion from the story and I had a happy little "I'm thrilled to be a part
of this" moment. What part was it? Tateh and his Little Girl. That's all I'm gonna say. Gotta come see it!!

4. Teenagers - Davis got to come to class with me this week. As the kiddos worked on their Mary Poppins medley, he was enthralled. He danced off to the side with them, and ate up the attention of those junior high kids. Also - I do not have a shy kid.



5. Practically Perfect - Got to do a fun photo shoot on Tuesday. When the photo is officially released, I'll post it.

6. Balance - I am finding that I manage my time better and am more balanced in my life when I am busy. The last year has been busy busy with a new baby/selling a house/moving and adjusting to being home all day, but because I was home all day and didn't have much else on my agenda, I would find myself not using my time as wisely. Now, with having rehearsals every night, I have to maximize my time and minimize my frittering, or I just won't get things done. My house stayed pretty clean this week because of that!

7. Learning to Say No - I had a call this week about a gig a REALLY wanted to do. The money was great, it was only a
four day commitment, and it was with people here in Utah that I have really wanted to work with. It was scheduled, however, for a crazy busy week I have in May. Chuck will be out of town, I have shows and class at the SCERA and Ragtime rehearsals, AND my mom is in training at JetBlue (free flights!!!!), so my most flexible sitter is out of commission, and there was just no way I could swing it without messing up a bunch of other obligations I had. The old me would have moved heaven and earth to do it, but I had to step back, look at the reality of it all, and make the sad phone call turning it down. Bummer. But I learned how to say "no," and sometimes that is a hard thing to do, but it's for the best.

8. Yard - Chuck and I are prepping our yard for sod and landscaping and everything. Lots of (too much) work. But I'm excited to complete it and be able
to enjoy!

9. Pond - We have some pretty ponds here in my neighborhood. Earlier this week hundreds of pelicans filled one of them, and the sight was stunning. I was driving when I took the picture and it in no way showcases how gorgeous the sight was. Happy that I live in a pretty place!



Happy Sabbath, my friends.






No comments: