1. Tra La La : I spent a glorious three-and-a-half days in Rexburg fraternizing with old pals, eating whatever I felt like, pampering my poor, tired mommy body at the spa, and singing at three performances of a benefit concert. Hilly and I drove to Idaho on Thursday morning and returned around noon today.
It was wonderful.
I had such a happy time chilling with Hilly, spending time with people I haven't seen much, or at all, in the past ten years, and just taking some time for "me."
The three hour package deal at the spa wasn't so bad either. ;-) It was a happy, happy weekend.
2. Hubs : I have a wonderful hubby who stayed home with Davis while I was gone. He played with him and kept Davis happily alive, and I am grateful. He is the best. There's more where that came from, too . . . Davis and his daddy will be spending a lot of time together in the coming months while I am doing my show. Best Papa ever.
3. Gardening : Rehearsals for "Ragtime" started last Monday. I've had two so far (I missed three due to my trip), and my blocking rehearsals started out with the scene where Mother finds Sarah's baby buried in the garden. I'll leave it at that . . . those of you who don't know this musical are in for a treat, eh?
4. Dude : Even though this little turkey gave me NO reaction whatsoever when I reappeared this morning, I sure do love him and missed him like crazy. Can't wait to spend the day with him tomorrow!
5. Purdy : I caved and bought myself a new dress for the concert this weekend. I haven't bought myself something in a long, long time. It was worth it to feel pretty and sparkly. I may have also bought some heels as well . . .
6. Ahhhhhhh : I mentioned it before, but it was so great that I must mention it again : THREE HOURS AT THE SPA. Massage, facial, and pedicure. Seriously? It's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Yep. I always tell Chuck that if we ever have horrifying amounts of money that I will spend it gladly at a spa 3+ times per week. Better yet, I'll just build one in our house and hire my own staff. Yes. And let's remember, folks, that I am a super low maintenance girl - but geez I'm sucked in when something like this happens to me! :-)
7. There's No Place Like Home : I love my house. I'm grateful for it. I missed it while I was gone.
8. Memory Lane : I visited the Ricks College (to me) / BYU-I campus over the weekend and was blown away by what it has become. I found myself digging into the depths of my memory of what was now almost fourteen years ago, and was overcome with gratitude for the time I spent at that wonderful place. It is where I learned what "normal" was, where I made friendships that have continued to this very day, and it is a place I still consider a "home."
And geez- check out this photo of the BYU-I Center which houses devotionals now. (The plan is nearly identical to the Conference Center in Salt Lake - only 6k fewer seats) I couldn't get over it. Incredible!

No comments:
Post a Comment