Thursday, March 21, 2013

Riding a Bike - Happies

Spring has sprung! Yes, this morning there was snow, but the past week or so prior had been glorious, and we here at our house are thrilled.

More Happies:

1. Fence : We fenced in our yard! Thanks to a tax return and a little money we'd saved, we now have a fenced in back yard.  We love it and cannot wait to get grass and landscaping going on. It'll surely be a process of a few years, but it has been fun to plan and think about.

2. Bit the Bullet : I did it. I resigned from Actor's Equity. I wrote a letter, hit "submit," and I am not longer a member of the Union - And I feel great about the choice. It was the right one for me. (Don't talk to my pride too much about this, sometimes it still gets bruised when we think too hard . . . ) It has taken me four years to feel right about this decision, and now that it's done, I'm at peace.

3. Old Lady on the Rusty Bike : After resigning from Equity I decided to go to an audition. Davis is over a year old now, and I feel that venturing outside my home a few nights a week will be an OK, and a good thing for me. Chuck and Davis are best buddies so they have a great time while I am gone, and though I missed Davis like crazy when I was away at callbacks during the evenings this week, I know that some "me" time will be a great thing for me every once in awhile. So yes, I sang my little heart out and shed a few (too many) happy tears at my first audition, and then callbacks . . . well, let's just say that I felt like an old lady hopping onto a rusty old bike and finding it hard to pedal, steer, and balance all at the same time. * COUGH * It wasn't terrible (but by no means stellar), and I know that after a few weeks back in the driver's seat everything will come back to me nicely, but sheesh. For the first time I really felt like the girl who hasn't practiced her craft in four years. On the up side, I was able to spend a few evenings with delightful and ridiculously talented old and new friends. Results are pending, but I am truly not expecting much after this particular attempt at bike riding. :-)

4. One : My baby Davis is one. And I pretty much cannot handle the cuteness. Just look at this dude:




5. Missions : So many missionaries in our families right now. I get weepy every time a call comes nowadays. Happy.

6. Champion : Biggest Loser Challenge - I won. Well, I won the POINTS part of it. (We split it into body fat percentage loss, and points for good behavior - I won points.) Yay me. 

7.  Road Tripping : Fun upcoming plans in the next few months. In April I get to road trip it up to my old Idaho stomping grounds with Hilly for a benefit concert. Old friends, happy times, Mommy break. Then, in June, we are attending the Playmill's 50th Anniversary Reunion. That place holds a very special place in my heart and I am excited to spend a few days reconnecting.

8. Eggs :  It's almost Easter. And Cadbury Mini Eggs are around.  Go eat some.

1 comment:

JR and Amanda said...

He is such a stud! So happy that you guys are doing well. Miss you!

Loves,
Amanda