Perhaps what I discussed in today's earlier post is what makes this one a bit easier to write. The last few weeks have been rough. Selling the house is stressful, and on top of that I had some rough news to deal with regarding my employment with Disney.
The above picture was taken my last day as a full timer at the B and B stage. I was sad.
For the past three years I have been incredibly blessed to be able to return to Orlando at my leisure and step back into the show and several other special events. I have felt SO loved and have enjoyed being there every single time. On May 7 I was able to do three shows and have a WONDERFUL afternoon at the stage showing off my baby and being with people that I love so dearly. I had no idea that it would be the last time.
I won't go into the circumstances, because honestly, they infuriate me and I felt incredibly blindsided by those who know nothing about me - but going into the drama online won't fix anything, nor will it make me feel any better. (My pride also wants me to scream from the rooftops the circumstances involved so y'all know it wasn't because I've gotten fat, old, or ugly . . . ha ha)
Ironically, the night before this information came out, I'd posted crying Belle as my Facebook profile picture. Sniff.
Anyway, it was a good run. My six years with Disney and the people I worked with both in Hong Kong and in Orlando have made that season of my life wonderful and filled with incredible memories. I am forever grateful for that day in NYC when I met Russ Jordan - the casting director for Hong Kong Disneyland.
And hey - maybe someday if we ever end up back in Florida I'll be back on the Disney stages again. Who knows.
Till we meet again, my friend.
PS: Thank heaven that Chuck is still statused with the company. I need cheap cruises.


2 comments:
Amy, I'm so sorry. I'm sure you must be heartbroken about that. We went to Disneyland a few months ago and I thought about how wonderful it would have been to be a princess there! How amazing that you had that opportunity for so long!
I hope we can get together soon. Your little guy is adorable!
The next chapter is even better! A time and a season.... love ya!
Post a Comment