Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Sunshine

Ah, I love this time of year. Summer is wrapping up, the temps will drop a bit, mornings are crisp, etc. etc. etc. BUT my absolute favorite part about this time of year is that I get to work on Chuck's annual "surprise." Yeah- we're now on "Volume 5" of the "The Story of Chuck and Amy" series, so the September 12 gift is no longer much of a "surprise", but I just LOVE putting it together, reflecting on our year, etc. I'm so grateful that our time thus far has been so well documented. Makes my little heart happy.

I have also discovered that it seems I will have to put a book together for each child on their birthdays. I can't possibly put all of Davis' pictures and memoribilia in our Chuck and Amy books - so hey- looks like I'll have a books like this in project throughout the entire year. Fun.



I haven't done a Sunday Sunshine post in quite some time. Blogging has obviously taken a place on the back burner for the past year or so - but it's nice to come back to it and record and reflect every so often. Sadly I have lost many of my faithful readers with the demise of my more (arguably) "exciting" life as a single performer - when I would drift wherever the wind happened to carry me. But I have to say, I much prefer this life of staying in one place with the hubby and kiddo. It's a great place for me to be. :-)

Let's talk happies:


 1. Downton Abbey



I jumped on the bandwagon a few weeks back with my Chuck and my mom. Yes. I love.

2. Birfday: I turned 31. Hmmm. We ate tasty food. And I got a massage. And Chuck gave me great gifts.

3. Education Week: Chuck and I spent Friday night at Education Week at BYU. Being on that campus brings back all kinds of happy thoughts and nostalgia, and I loved taking a day to just attend classes and be with the hubby - kiddo free.

4. BYU Creamery Ice Cream: Gah.

5. Homelessness: Though the thought of leaving our happy house on Addison Avenue makes me quite heartsick, I am grateful that things have worked out to live with Chuck's parents (they have a basement apartment) for the three months left of house building. We're scheduled to close on this sale on August 30. Sniff. Good things are to come, I know that. I just get sentimental over our first house. Sigh.

6. Sitting Baby: Davis sits up now. The kid refuses to roll over except on a VERY rare occasion, but this weekend he has mastered the art of sitting. And wiggling. And squirming. And grabbing for everything in sight. Mobile baby = more complicated life.


7. Splash splash: I took Davis swimming for the first time on Tuesday. Know what reaction I got? Nothing. Stoic face. He was SO not impressed. Sigh. Maybe next time . . .


3 comments:

Spencer and Audrey said...

I'll be a faithful reader as long as my eyes work :)

Glad you are doing well... busy crazy... but well.

Good luck packing and moving... and then again in about 3 months.

Loves.

Spencer and Audrey said...

oh, yeah... and Downton Abby... you should have built your new home closer so that we can be obsessed together. :)

Unknown said...

Tiff is trying to get me to watch Downton Abby with her. Chuck can be the Guinea Pig. What are his thoughts? Keep in mind, I hate Jane Austin so if it's like that.....