Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day Sunshine


1. G'ment: This is ironic considering how much I disagree with the Feds right now... but I won't complain about the State of Utah! So- we owed and paid taxes in January. (Early even!) Yesterday we got a check in the mail from the Utah State Treasurer- giving us 80% of what we paid BACK. No explanation. Just says it's a "tax refund." Do I call and question? Or do I chalk this one up to one of those "tithing blessings?" I like the latter...

2. Pretty Boy: See above story for the #2 Sunshine slot of the week.

3. 3 Years: Next Sunday marks THREE YEARS that The Boy and I have been together. For those of you who remember my yearly PROJECT, it's nearly complete. A week early!!


4. R & R: I haven't put on makeup for two days. Poor Chuck. Yep- I've been sick, but it's given me the chance to catch up on some well needed rest.

5. Wedding Cheesecake: My cousin Justin got married this past weekend. What a great sealing and reception they had. And boy, was I thrilled and impressed with the CHEESECAKE bar at their wedding. Oh. My. Heaven. Cheesecake, toppings, classy. Yeah. It was great. And that concludes the string of family weddings for the summer...

6. Crisp: Fall is in the air today. I love living in Utah where there are four distinct seasons. Time to drive the Alpine Loop soon...

7. Countdown: Orlando is coming soon... I'm excited. This girl needs a vacay.

8. Truck: The Toyota will officially be ours in less than two months. One almost down, one to go!!!!

9. Pad: Still diggin' The Bachelor Pad. Sue me.

10. I'd be amiss if I didn't mention this fantastic experience I had last week. The Hale Center Theater in Orem asked me, and these lovely folks, to put on a lil' show at the Tahitian Noni's summer party. What fun I had. And oh, how I miss singing for a living...

11. Kiddos: Life at the Scera starts again this week. Back to playing musical theatre with the junior high peeps!

So there they are. The little happies of my life. Nothing as glamorous as it all once was, but pretty decent nonetheless.

1 comment:

Harper said...

Ah, Dave Burton. That man cracks me up. Whenever I see pictures of him, I think of you two during "Pirates" when he made you laugh with his mustache. I miss those days!