Saturday, March 06, 2010

* Story of the Week *


I've spent a lot of time in furniture stores lately- A LOT. Do I buy anything? Of course not. BUT my sister, Kensie, and I have a lovely time brainstorming. She'll move into a new townhouse in a little over a month, and she's ready for a fresh start and an awesome home!

The following conversation occurred on Thursday, when Kensie was banished to the kid pen at Knight Furniture:

Kensie (Who, may I remind you, is TWO): "What's your name?"

Older Girl (Who is squashed in the corner on a banana chair looking as if her worst-nightmare-of-a-child has come true) : ...

Kensie: "What's your name?"

Older Girl: ...

Kensie: "What's you naaaaaaaaaaaame????"

Older Girl: ...

Kensie to Me: "Amy! She is being weally shy!"

Determined to get said Older Girl to be her friend

Kensie: "I'm Keddie." (What she calls herself.)

Pause, and changing tactics
.

Kensie Again: "What's MY name?"

Older Girl: ...

Kensie (In older girl's face): "I'm a little girl like you!!!!"

The Older Girl still didn't respond.

At least she tried.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

She is so sweet! Love that little girl.

The Voorhees Family said...

It must run in the family because Nathan often says things very similar...and sometimes awkward.