Monday, January 25, 2010

Still Some Sunshine



Exhausted. Emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally... yeah. In every way. But here we go- THERE IS STILL SUNSHINE.

1. I survived what quite possibly has been the most difficult week of my life. I, along with many family members, am thankful that it is OVER. Many difficult weeks and months ahead, BUT we survived it.

2. I have grown closer to my sister than ever, and I am extremely grateful for that fact. Huge blessings come from tragedies.

3. FREE PIZZA: This, honestly, was the tender mercy of my life this week, and words cannot express how thankful I was for something so silly. I didn't want to cook on Saturday night. Refused to. So Chuck and I ordered from this little pizza joint by our house and when we went to pick it up, they'd accidentally put it in the delivery car. No pizza for us. Lame. But they cooked us a new one. Then they gave it to us for FREE. I needed that.

4. Friday night Melissa, Aubrey, and I surprised Heather with a birthday party. It was the first of its kind since we were all about seventeen, so it was fantastic. Carrabbas, a snow storm, cake at 2 AM, old home movies, giggles and chit chat till 5 AM... good, good times. Relief to my heavy heart.

5. Got lots of good music this week. Thanks, Kal!

6. Wii Sports Resort: I KILL my husband at sword fighting. I am awesome.

7. Snow. There is something peaceful about snow. Even when you're driving through a crazy snowstorm from Provo all the way home, peace can be found in that pretty white stuff that's so soft and calming. I loved the storm this week.

8. Office Night: I love my friends. They are amazing. I love Thursdays. They're too much fun. Yes.

9. THE WINTER GAMES ARE ALMOST HERE!!! I loooo-huh-oooooooove the winter games.

10. Number 10 is for TEN MONTHS of marriage. Twice the amount of time we were engaged. Time flies... Oooooo, soon I get to pull out the top tier of my wedding cake. I loved my wedding cake. LOVED it.

11. Massages: As of Tuesday I will have two massages to my credit from teaching voice. THAT couldn't come at a better time!!!

OK, so...

I do realize that most of you won't understand what I am referring to in numbers 1 and 2. Blogs are wonderful things, and I love them. But there comes a time when a line of privacy must be drawn. Some stories aren't mine to share. And they are definitely not meant to be shared on the World Wide Web.

I will casually mention things here and there, so as you read them, if you wouldn't mind sending a little prayer up our way I won't complain one bit. ;-)

Be happy. Tomorrow The Bachelor is on. :-)

Ha.

3 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

I love you Ams! Let's do it again some time

Rebekah said...

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling. :( Was it because Chuck was gone on his work trip? You should have walked down for a chat. :) Hope things are better now. I will miss you on Sundays now that I am not in Primary, but we'll still have girls night. :) And, couples game night. I say we plan on Saturday night after dinner. Let me know if that works for you guys.

Oh by the way, I hope that your cake tastes better after a year than ours did. We ended up just tossing it out. Blah! :)

Anna Crowe said...

Sweet Amy, I enjoy your posts so much. I especially like your lists like this of things to be happy about, even though you're going through a difficult time. It reminds me of Pollyanna's "Glad Game."

I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult week. May the peace of God rest in your soul and sustain you.