Reflecting some today. For the first time in my life I VERY CLEARLY remember a decade. Trippy.
2000
- Lived with the best girls ever and made crazy memories at Ricks College. Colonial #304!
- Cast as the lead in the musical at Ricks College- a huge shock and confidence booster in my life as a performer.
- Worked at "The Children's Place" that summer and spent my time riding the "Razor" around the store.
- My mom bought me my first car, "Harriet the Chariot." Cute little Escort. I loved her.
2001

- Graduated from Ricks College- The LAST class of RICKS!
-Cast at the Playmill- had my head photoshopped onto the body of another girl.
- A landslide destroyed the home I grew up in that summer.
- Taught for an after school program. I was the music/dance/drama/art specialist.
- Became a member of the Weber State Institute Choralaires. BEST institute experience ever.
- Got asked out about five times a week that fall/winter. I was overwhelmed.
2002
- Spent all my spare time hanging with my Choralaire friends.- Went back to the Playmill for another summer.
- Found out that serving a mission was NOT what I was supposed to do.
- Moved back to Rexburg to perform in Guys and Dolls at BYU-Idaho. Random event of my life. TOTALLY worth it.
- LOVED living at Brookeside with my cousin Yissa for four months.
- Had my first official "boyfriend." (Yes... it took that long...)
- My parents divorced. Honestly, it was about time.
- Auditioned for the MDT program at BYU in January. Had to wait until APRIL to find out my fate. Honestly- worst part of the DECADE for me. I don't do well being in limbo.
- Wrecked my cute little Escort in a head on collision with a semi. I lived. I'm still grateful.
- Best Playmill summer ever. Great way to end that era of my life.
- Fell hopelessly in serious-like with a boy for the first time. In SERIOUS like. (I won't use the other word because I don't think that's really what it was... and he didn't feel it back so I am still bitter. Ha ha ha.)
- Started school at BYU. Lived on University Parkway.
- Got my FIRST text message ever (HA HA HA!) from Alicia's cousin David. Texting. What is IT?!?!?
- Cast as Jane in Jane Eyre at the Hale in Orem. Another gigantic boost in my confidence as a performer. AMAZING.
- Accepted into the MDT program at BYU.
- Lived with Laurel and Hilly in the little yellow house in Provo.
- Learned how many gay boys there are out there...
- Spend the summer dating the former YA president- and even though it didn't end well, it was good times.
- Became a Young Ambassador.
- It's the year everyone got married. Biff, Yissa, Jenna, Kathy, Kecia, Heather... who else? Thank heaven Alicia had gotten married the year before or I might have died. Everyone got married that year. I was DEPRESSED. And then I got over it...
- Got my favorite "real job" ever- Working at the HFAC as an usher.
- Left the country for the first time. (Besides Canada, folks.) Toured with YAs to China and Korea.
- I highlighted my hair for the first time. (REBEL!!!!)
- This was also the year I began playing Belle. I had no idea I'd still be doing it five years later... ;-)
2006
- Graduated from BYU.- Experienced many failed dating attempts. Decided dating was lame anyway. That was the year I was told I was "well cooked." Mmmmm.... ??? ??? ???
- My dad got remarried.
- Worked for a chiropractor and quit immediately when I got offered a job in Hong Kong. I didn't really like doing ultrasounds on the backs of hairy men...
- Moved to the other side of the world to work for Hong Kong Disneyland.
2007

- Returned from Hong Kong.
- Bought a car for myself! Sophie!
- Made a cross country trip with my mom and grandma. Saw Nauvoo for the first time.
- Moved to Orlando, Florida
-Met a cute boy named Chuck.
- Welcomed my first niece, McKensie Ann Stout.
- Dated Chuck. For the whole year.
- Had a really awesome bedroom in Orlando. I loved it.
- Got engaged in November.
- Played Belle.
- Played Belle some more.
- Played Belle more. And more.
- Still played Belle...
- I got married. Yep.
- My husband bought us a house!
- Worked random jobs here and there and everywhere and played wife.
-Became addicted to the games Wackee Six and Settlers.
- Said hello, and goodbye, to my second little niece, Emily.
Here's to the next decade... Please don't go as fast as this last one did...











3 comments:
Amy, I LOVE this!! What an amazing ten years it has been for you! It kinda makes me want to look back and see what I've done. But I have to look at my journals for that one. My memory is shot these days. Sad that I've lost it so young. :)
It's just gonna go faster I fear- kids make that happen (which I can safely guess are going to be in your next decade of life)- which also means it will probably be your best one yet.
Cool post! Put me in that category of getting married in 2004. Kelly and I got married 4 months before Kecia did. :)
Post a Comment