Monday, January 04, 2010

First Sunshine of 2010


Happies of my Sabbath. And my week. And my life.

1. A new beginning. I'm usually not a fan of January. It's dreary and we all begin to want spring- but it's still really far off. We're all on a downer because all of a sudden, after two months of excitement, there is none, and yep. JANUARY. But this year I am totally excited for it. I'm excited to get back on the tredmill and into working out with BOB, I'm thrilled to get back into eating well (we haven't since the cruise in NOVEMBER,) and I am just plain ready to start things anew. Tonight I even sat down at the piano and plunked out the new Primary song, "I Know That My Savior Loves Me." I'm TERRIBLE at playing it, but maybe in a few months, after practicing a bit every day, I'll officially be able to say I can play a Primary song. That'd be cool. And it would thrill me.

2. Awesome family. Tonight Chuck and I had a GREAT time at the Robinsons eating and playing games. I LOVE having fun family people that LIKE being with each other! I've had a great abundance of good family activities on all sides lately, and I have loved it. I'm beginning to realize more and more how important family is. I'm a girl who has spent the last ten years floating from place to place, and while a handful of my friends have always been there, most of them have drifted away with time. All of my cousins and aunts and uncles (and Chuck's too!) are always gonna be there. And it's FUN. I like it. I love it.

3. THE BACHELOR STARTS TOMORROW!!! Monday night TRASH TV!!! Yippee!!! Chuck is SUPER excited too!

4. Tonight many people at the family dinner told Chuck he needs to get me a kitty. Thank you. Someday our efforts will pay off!!!

5. The DI makes me happy. I took a huge load of stuff there the other day and it felt WONDERFUL! I feel like getting rid of everything now. :-)

6. Firehouse Car Wash is fantastic. While working as Costco I met a great girl who worked for them, so I thought I'd try it out on Saturday. FABULOUS. Highly recommended. Go there.

7. No makeup days. Every so often a girl needs one of these days. Mine was Saturday.

8. Pretty Sunday music. It helps me focus, it makes my heart happy, and it brings the spirit into my life.

9. My Blog. I started it FOUR years ago. Never really thought I'd keep it up for as long as I have, but I am thankful that it's here. Its become somewhat of a journal for me, and I once was a journal freak. I need to be one again.

10. I still think of Emily. As time goes by and her due date draws closer, I get sad, and angry, and sometimes feel as if all of our hearts have been ripped to shreds. Anytime I get emotional now (regardless of what started it), it ends with tears for Emily. And Biff and Brett. And Kensie. I'm thankful that time will make it all feel better. And even though it all breaks my heart, someday the whole experience will be something that'll bring us some sunshine. I hope anyway.

January: Here we come.

Be happy y'all. Do something to make yourself and the people around you happy. It feels nice.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You can be happy that my birthday is in January! (but it becomes less fun the older I get) I am the primary pianist and I also learned that song for Sunday. I think I like this year's song a lot better than last year's song. And good luck getting that kitty! I was nice and let my husband get a dog a year ago though I'm not a fan of animals.