Monday, October 12, 2009

Late Again...


1. I LOVE AUTUMN. I love the crisp, clean air, sweaters, coming home and putting on sweats and a hoodie- I love it all. This is definitely my favorite season.

2. I love the FOOD of this time of year. Last night I had my dad and his family over for chili, cornbread, and apple cider. HEAVEN.

3. This next item comes under the same category as the previous, but it deserves it's very own number in "Sunday Sunshine." The TEXAS TORNADO, or so my sister calls it, is a blend of pumpkin and yellow cake goodness that words cannot describe. It is DIVINITY in a Fall time dessert. Yep. Try it.

1 can Easy pumpkin (You know, the kind that's already spiced and ready to go?? Or if you are domesticated and have the time spice up your own and yada yada, go for it...)
2 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
2 sticks of butter
1 yellow cake mix

Mix the pumpkin, eggs, and evaporated milk together and pour it into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.

Melt the two sticks of butter and then pour the butter evenly over the yellow cake mix. (Yep, lots of butter. Terrible for the body- but sometimes (rarely...) I say, "WHO CARES!")

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

4. Vacation time is coming up. Disneyland AND Orlando AND the glorified-for-a-good-reason boat ride. Happy.

5. The holidays are coming. Just TALKING about Black Friday with my dad last night made me giddy with excitement. Christmas music, snow, crowds, wearing the cute coats I haven't worn several years... This is my first holiday season at home since 2005. Can't wait.

6. My cousin Kallie and I experienced, a few weeks ago, the happiness that is RED MANGO. Awesome.

7. Teaching my class at the Scera is great fun. I am so thankful I have that job.

8. Glee continues to make me gleeful. And Chuck and I are thoroughly enjoying Survivor this season as well.

9. Let's discuss Jim and Pam's wedding: I could have watched that preview over and over again. It sent me right back into my little private apartment in Hong Kong where I would watch Jim and Pam for hours and hours in my loneliness. I jumped on my couch and CRIED when they finally kissed at the end of season 2. Yes, I am one of many who waited anxiously for this wedding. It made me happy.

I miss the brilliant wit and funnies of the first three seasons. I hope it returns...

10. On Thursday I unexpectedly heard from a dear friend whom I've lost contact with over the past year. It was a few simple texts, but they made me happy. At first I thought they were somehow sent to the wrong "Amy." And maybe they were. But for the meantime, I'll assume they were for me. That simple contact meant a lot.

11. Chuck and I have been studying the Doctrine and Covenants with an Institute manual the past several weeks. It has REALLY helped us and we're getting a lot more out of the scriptures now. It feels great!

12. Conference: I haven't discussed this yet due to my lack of Sunshine posting lately. Unfortunately, I worked throughout a lot of this General Conference. I am anxiously awaiting the Ensign so I can read what I didn't see, and review what I did. The Sunday morning session was great fun. Chuck and I made brunch for several of my cousins and we spent the session in my cozy little house with pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc etc etc, listening to the words of the prophets. Doesn't get much better than that.

13. I've come to an interesting place in regard to my career in the last few weeks. I'm still testing the waters of how I feel about it all, but so far so good. No tears, only a little drama... ;-) We'll see where things take me in the next several months. I'm never sure...

14. This week I have time to clean, organize, and basically do whatever I want. I'm thrilled about it.

Happy.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

"I've come to an interesting place in regard to my career"

Don't I know it. Getting married can do a number on what one had initially had intended for one's own life. Having kids will, obviously, do even more.


Whatever it is, I can empathize. And if you want to chat about it... I'm all ears. :)

Aubrey said...

Hey--I made that pumpkin stuff last night for Lexie's birthday party. It's so tasty--I only used one stick of butter--it was good, but I'll try two next time.

I loved the wedding. I should have guessed they'd do that dancing thing down the aisle. And we were laughing so hard over the barfing at the beginning. So funny. And yeah, I want to wit to come back too--it MADE the show worth it, right? Well, more worth it--it's still funny.

Jenna said...

mmm i will have to try that pumpkin recipe!

Nikki Bohne said...

AMY! I love, love, love your blog. You are always an inspiration to me. Have the best time in Orlando and on your cruise! and as for your career...I think you should host princess parties! it could be big...

Kallie Olson said...

:) I love you Amy! We need to chat!!! Red Mango Monday can't come fast enough!!!

Scott and Amber said...

That idea of hosting princess parties is awesome. I would totally hire you for Rori once she is like 3! It would be awesome!