WARNING: This is a candid post that my mother will not like.
Yeah- so everyone has been posting this lately, but it's a reminder I, and lots of other people need. I used to be VERY passionate about this subject- texting while driving was NOT an option, but I will be the first to admit that lately I have slipped up. No text message is worth this kind of consequence.
I always feel a sense of "it couldn't happen to me" when I text and drive. All those feelings of teen aged invincibility- that I never really had AS a teen- seem to hit me when I get a text while I drive. STUPID. And on occasion, I find myself slamming on the breaks or swerving back into my lane... STUPID.
I often feel as if texting is ruining our lives anyway- maybe I should just completely get rid of it... I WOULD if I didn't feel as if my connection to the world would be cut off. What ever happened to a good old face-to-face visit? Sigh.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
A Reminder...
Posted by
Amy
at
1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank you! Unfortunately I am guilty of doing this on occasion:-( Time to repent and change the occasional texts that I may get/give, while driving.
wow what a great video. i have to admit. i do text while driving sometimes but i'm gonna stop!
Yeah - I've kind of always been the anti-texter. But mainly because sometimes people are texting while I'm talking to them. Um, hello! That's just like talking on the phone, homes! Rude.
Now, I can actually support my argument with this link.
Thank you. Truly. It was an eye-opener, even for me. Hopefully it will be for people who REALLY need it. (i.e. a couple of folks I know & love who could use it). Ok if I forward it?
I'm a little bad too--on the RARE occasion I even get a text and even RARER chance it's while I'm driving (once).
Just think about how The Office is starting in three weeks. Now, go text someone about it. ;)
Thanks for the reminder! It is such a huge problem.
I'm a real dumb bunny with blogging, so how do I find this because I want to email it to my siblings?
Post a Comment