Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Too Cute to Miss...


Hope she doesn't mind, but this story was posted by my friend Dave's wife, Mindy, the other day. I REALLY had to copy it to my blog because it was so hilarious.

Not Until You're 23

This is how my conversation with Lincoln went this morning:

Linc: "Mom, where are we going?"
Me: "You're going to the temple with your primary."
Linc: "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!"

Then 5 or so minutes of arguing over the fact that he is, indeed, going to the temple.
Finally out of sheer frustration that I wasn't getting it, he tells me what's really bothering him.

Linc: "But Mom, I don't want to get married today!"
Me (trying really hard not to laugh out loud): "Honey you don't have to get married today."
Linc: "But you said I'm going to the temple."
Me: "You are going to the temple. But Buddy, there are other reasons you go to the temple besides getting married."
Linc: "I don't want to get married today."
Me: "I PROMISE you won't get married today...but you do have to go to the temple with your class...and be nice to your teachers."

Heaven help us.

1 comment:

The Steele family said...

That is so funny what a cute kid