Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rainy Sunday Sunshine


Well my friends, the week has been drizzly and lightening strikes have been everywhere, and I have LOVED it. I love that I don't have to use my AC, I love that I have an excuse to stay inside in my jammies, and I love that it feels like SPRINGTIME! It seems like we hardly ever get an actual SPRING anymore. Beautiful.

Here're highlights of the last couple weeks... I missed out on last week for no particular reason- though I did get back into a bit of a slump. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my little self, but in the meantime I keep my house clean and clean for my brother-in-law's business. From Professional Princess to scrubbing the toilets of people I don't know.



* THINKING HAPPY * * THINKING HAPPY *

#1: McKensie loves the movie Hairspray. I need to post a video of this because y'all need to understand the JOY this brings into my life. She's 19 months old, sings and dances along with Tracy, and SCREAMS when Link Larkin appears. Yep. She belongs in this family.

#2: Again, Kensie. Saturday we were able to attend the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Great experience, beautiful temple, and Kensie even worked really hard to be reverent in "Heavenly Father's House." She folded her arms, said "Jesus," called the chapel "church.", and mooed at the oxen in the baptistery." I need a kid just for the giggles they create.




#3: This blog has brought me SO much laughter in the last week. Brilliant.

#4: Friday night Chuck and I painted a wall in our bedroom! I love it. It adds so much to our room. Only problem is that I did some touch ups with the paint in our basement... yeah- WRONG COLOR. Ugh. So now I have a stripe to fix and no paint that matches. What to do... I DON'T WANT TO REPAINT THE WHOLE ROOM!!! Sigh. Oh well- point is that the blue/green wall we have now makes me super happy. We'll forget about the wall I ruined...



Soon (meaning whenever I fix the stripe of wrongness...) I'll have pictures of the whole room to put up! PS: THIS has got to be one of my favorite places on earth... And I REALLY want THIS someday.

#5: New Calling: Yep, Chuck and I were Primary teachers for a whole TWO WEEKS. Chuck has now been moved to the Elders Quorum Presidency, and I (DRUMROLL...) am now the Primary Chorister. I am the Primary Chorister to the 360 (That's not a typo, folks) children in our Primary. Crazy. Fun. Guess I just get up there and make a fool of myself? Anyway, it's bound to keep me on my toes and the creative juices- which have somewhat died lately- flowing.

#6: I LOVE singing with talented people. On Wednesday night a rehearsal was held for the concert in the park that I mentioned a few posts back. My gosh can these people sing. I love it, and feel ridiculously honored that I am among them. Come. Again: Tuesday the 23rd. 8 PM.

#7: Chuck and I have had great fun lately hanging out with lots of friends. Hilly and Tavnir and Laurel and David have become our little group of peeps to hang with. We've also really enjoyed playing with my cousin Melissa and her hubby Steve, and on Monday night we had Kallie, Brad, Lindsey and Justin over as well. I'm so excited to back in Utah where my family and friends are.

#8: Today a little boy in Primary WAS Michael Scott from The Office. I was just observing (I start as Chorister next week), and this boy sitting next to me, about seven or so, WAS Michael. It was KILLING me and I was so sad that Chuck was in Elders Quorum and couldn't share in the brilliance that this kid was.

#9: We have done NOTHING today. Nothing but go to church, eat, and veg. People need that every so often.

#10: THE BACHELORETTE: Thank you, trash TV, for being back on Monday nights. I have missed you. The winner up till this week was JAKE in my book... but Jake got a little looney last Monday and now I'm all about Kiptyn. Perhaps what makes me smile the most about this whole show is that Chuck loves it. He gets really into it and analyzes everything. I LOVE IT.

#11: The 4th of July is coming. Did you hear that?? THE FORTH OF JULY IS COMING. I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY. I love the annual meeting of Laytonites in the amphitheater (Hi, Wilhelms...), I love the food, and every time they play "Proud to be an American" at the end of the fireworks I bawl like a baby. Gah. Love this time of year.

#12: Chuck saw The Notebook for the first time Friday night. He thought my sobbing at the end and beyond for twenty minutes was an act. I REALLY get into that movie...

#13: Our two spare bedrooms are on their way to functioning as a workout room and an office. By the end of this week they might just be up and ready to go! Yippee!

#14: My iPod still brings me great joy. After a long hiatus, I've used it a lot lately.


I got through an entire Sunday post without mentioning anything about food. That is SO not me. Interesting.

Well, here we go- bring on Monday.

11 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

i like the paint color a lot- now the house is officially yours!

Welcome to the chorister club. Aubrey and I have both done it recently, call for some good tips and games.

gilliay said...

We totally picked the same color for our room! LOVE it. Can you cover up the stripe of wrong-colored-paint with a frame or a mirror?

Kensie in the temple...hee hee. We are going to the Open House when my MIL is in town. I'm excited to see it and I hope Emma will moo at the oxen too.

360 kids!?! Good luck Amy.

Carrie and Tyson said...

Hehehe! I LOVE that you are the new Primary Chorister! To all 360 kids. :-) You are going to be awesome!

Karlene said...

sugardoodle.net Lots of ideas with lots of links from there! The key to teaching the kids is to have energy, and make an idiot of yourself! They love it! They'll love you! It really is a fun calling. Lots os work!

Aubrey said...

They say that making a fool of yourself is what you have to do as the chorister. And you know what gets them to sing (and I should think I'm an expert by now)? Games. Lots and lots of games. At least you can sing and hit high notes which is what most of the songs are made of and don't sound like a fool, like someone else I know. That was another motivation to get the kids to sing really really loud. Good luck getting them ready for the program in September. That's as stressful for the chorister as the Pres. I think.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I miss the Layton ampitheater:-( We loved going every year that we lived there (5) and wished we could find something like that down here. Anyway, let the hubby know that you are not the only lady who cried her eyes out at the end of notebook; you should have him watch Charlie, man I think I cried for the last half an hour and then some. Congratulations on your new calling; it will definitely keep ya on your toes:-)

Timeeh said...

I love your blog Amy, you have such a great outlook on life :)

Amy said...

Did you learn nothing from the paint touch-up disaster in the Chateau?? No more touch-ups for you, woman! lol

Yes, you need to have babies. Lotsa cute little Keelers:) I CANNOT wait to meet your kids. Giggles galore!!!

I understand your misdirection lately, I feel much the same.

I love the Notebook too...aww, tear!

And I miss you like crazy.

The end.

Amber said...

I like the paint color a lot also. I also just love you, Amy!!!

Brooke said...

Definately agree about the rain. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Kallie Olson said...

hee that was fun! let's do it again sometime! And I watched the Notebook with my friend Karli a few weeks ago and I was bawling!!!! I'm glad that show makes you cry too!!!!