Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndee Sunshine

Ah- what a blessed week. And there's another great one ahead.


# 1. Kensie can now say "AMY." For a long time she has been calling me "Bee," but on Saturday she very clearly said my name. Gah! I'm a sucker for that kid.

# 2. This week has been full of nostalgia and regret for having saved so many things throughout my whole life. I have spent the entire week sorting through the things I've had in storage for the last ten years, and I'll admit, I'm a sucker for the sentimentality of it all. I found the notes my friends and I all passed throughout all of junior high school, I found my American Girl dolls, I found my old journals and old sets of keys... it's just good stuff. I have the intense urge to keep it all. But I have found a solution. Digital cameras- thank heaven for them.

Sort sort sort...


Favorite Treasure of the Week: THE PEOPLE BELT.

First of all, I have to admit that I stopped breathing for a minute when I realized that my hips are about two inches bigger than when I wore this in high school- but whatever. Heather and I both had this belt... we wrote the names of boys we liked under certain characters. Awesome.



# 3: Look at my cute husband and his project. He's helping to make the Springville City float for the summer parades. He's cute. And I love that he is good at stuff like this- cuz heaven knows that my attempt at making a giant ViewMaster would be futile.


# 4. The girls at B and B made this rose for me the day I left. I miss the stage and I miss my friends, but I am extremely thankful for the memories I made while I was there. Happy, happy times.


# 5: It's American Idol FINALE week!!! YAY YAY! Here are my thoughts: We all know I am Adam obsessed. HOWEVER- I'd be more likely to LISTEN to Kris' music. I want Adam to win because overall he is a BRILLIANT artist. I hope that Tuesday night is filled with EVERYTHING Adam can do and not a bunch of "Ring of Fire" repeats. Sing to me, Adam, sing to me. But don't rock out too much...

# 6: My left leg is healing! I don't think I've mentioned this before, but more than three weeks ago I worked out with my trainer.My hamstrings were apparently damaged because they were still extremely sore up until a few days ago. I am pleased to announce that I can touch my toes again. It was stressing me out there for awhile! But I have a wonderful hubby who spent weeks trying to massage the ouchness out. Thanks, love!

# 7: I STILL love my wedding pictures.

# 8: Cereal. It's my favorite. All kinds.

# 9: My blankie. At Christmas in 2005 "Santa" brought me a blanket that I LOVE. I use it every night. I get cold, Chuck gets hot. I LOVE IT.

# 10: I'm glad I am funny. This is a part of me that not everyone sees... or they see a very subtle version of it because ya know- I have that whole lame SHY thing about me. ANYWAY- the other morning I plopped myself in front of the bathroom door, wrapped in my blankie, and waited for Chuck to come out after his shower. He laughed and remembered that he's married to a crazy lady. At least I'm fun.

It's bedtime for me. Let another week of sorting and playing begin. Life is happy.

5 comments:

Spencer and Audrey said...

Hey Babe!

I have to say that the whole blanket thing makes me laugh... we were given a huge wonderful down comforter the first Christmas we were married. I loved it... Spencer hated it because it made him too hot. All I have to say is give it time. It took about two years, but now Spencer loves to sleep under our blanket as much as I do know.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Yeah for sorting:-) I am going crazy being kinda home bound and have found that re organizing closets have helped me. That belt is way too funny to me:-)

Heather said...

Aww Amy! You're so cute! I understand about the nostalgia thing. When I was home between semesters a few weeks ago, my mom and I were dejunking some of my stuff. I found my Babysitter's Club books and some of my stuffed animals that bear sentimental value.

Trever and Heather said...

I still have my people belt!

Hannah said...

You ARE funny. I still remember when you were gloating over the ant graveyard in... OUR CUPBOARD! I didn't think the situation was funny. But YOU, my friend, were HILARIOUS!
Ahh, the sorting. Good luck! And don't forget that you can always save those things for a lovely bonfire with you and Chuck.
AI-- I have tomorrow night off. What time does it all start? I will watch it!