Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday Sunshine

Well my friends, it's finally time for me to get back to a regular schedule of weekly "Sunday Sunshine." I've been out of the habit for several months now, posting periodically and randomly here and there, but now it's time for me to share with each one of you the things that have made me happy throughout this week. I love the little blessings in my life that help me see the good things around me during times when I'm feeling a little lost.

1. LIGHT: I love the light that fills my bedroom every morning at six am. I love the light that fills my living room and kitchen throughout the entire day. I love the light I feel from the people around me.

2: Funnies: This afternoon when we got out of church, Chuck used the remote to unlock my car, but we quickly realized that not only did the handy gadget release the locks on MY car, but it also made the van parked across from us chirp. You know the sound the car makes to let you know it's locked or unlocked? Yep, somehow my Mazda remote made the Honda across from us react. It was hilarious. Silly little thing, but it made me laugh for a good ten minutes.

3. More Funny Funnies: My father-in-law is still hilarious. Tonight, after they left our house, we escorted my mom out the door only to find these:


Welcome, Mildred and Frankie the Flamigos, to our home.

After pink flamingos and a "Shave Your Legs Barbie," I'm gonna have to start getting creative to keep up with this man!

4. Wonderful Friends: After my last post, I received a Facebook message from an old friend of mine from BYU-I. (You know who you are, lady...) Like I said in that post, I have been feeling a little lost lately. I'm happy, and life is great, but I can't help feeling a bit lost and down because life has taken such a huge turn when it comes to my career (Which is what I have focused on for the last three years of my life...) Please understand that I would never change the way things have turned out with Chuck and our home, but I honestly have NO idea how to allow myself to feel fulfilled and content artistically when I cannot perform. (For those of you who don't know, performing here in Utah will be hard for me now because of my association with Actors Equity.) The other night I completely broke down to Chuck about how I honestly don't feel like I am good at ANYTHING right now. Because I cannot perform, I am searching everything in me to find something to be good at. And this week I feel like nothing has come to surface. Anyway, the point is that this sweet friend of mine wrote me a message that really made me feel so much better. Maybe I just needed to be validated in the way I was feeling, or complimented to remind myself that I am a good, talented, and worthwhile person. I love friends that are there for me. This girl is a friend like the one I want to be to the people who mean so much to me. Thanks.

5. The Boys Next Door: My husband has made some good friends here in our neighborhood. Duncan and Tyreese- the eight and ten year old boys next door, have become quite fond of him. Last Sunday our doorbell rang constantly the whole afternoon. Chuck kept giving them reasons why he couldn't come outside with them and finally Tyreese looked up at him and said, "Hey, do you wanna just come out on the porch and talk???" I'm just waiting for them to knock on the door and use these words, "Can Chuck play????" He's terribly cute with them.

6. Hyperness: I am HYPER in the morning. Very hyper. Chuck is NOT. It makes for great entertainment.

7: Making a Pretty House: My sweet sister and her husband have lent us some furniture for the time being. It makes our house feel more like a HOME and it really motivates me to start making things look wonderful. My hubby also has quite the eye for interior design. As we speak he is looking through home design magazines...

8. Wedding Photos!: The more I look at them the more I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them. THANK YOU TRAVIS!!!! And I still love my engagement and bridal photos too. Yay Brittany.

9. The Turnover of Cell Phone Minutes: So for the second month in a row I ran out of daytime minutes on my phone. I've had it for SIX YEARS and that's never happened until now. Hmmmmm. Good thing Chuck and I will be able to talk for free when he switches over to my plan this month...

10. The Husband Who Fixes My Car: Confession- I ran out of gas a few weeks ago. SOMEHOW, I don't know HOW- it fried the battery. What the? ANYWAY- I went for about two weeks having to have it jumped every few starts, but the other day my hubby forced me to Checker Auto, bought me a new battery, and installed it. See, I'm cheap. There's no way around it. I would have driven on that battery until I had to have it jumped EVERY TIME I started it. But he solved the problem before I got to that point. I did freak out a bit over how much it cost... I need to not be so cheap.

11. My Wedding Shoes: I still get such great joy out of them. Yep.

12. Kensie: Today when Chuck and I arrived home, Elizabeth, Brett, and Kensie were already here waiting for us. The reaction we got from that little girl when we walked in the room was PRICELESS. She loves me. She loves my man. Awesome.

13. Belated Wedding Gifts: These are the best. We've been married for almost two months now, but we're still getting a few wedding gifts here and there and I LOVE it.

14. A New Week: I have a free week. I have PLENTY to keep myself busy- but gosh, I need this. I need to get some voice students. I need to sing again. I need to go to the gym. I need to make lunch and dinner for my husband. Best thing is that this week I WILL HAVE TIME. Happy.

15. Bananas: Yummy.

16. Custard: Nielsen's Frozen Custard Cookie Dough Concrete. Best thing in the WORLD.




17. Costa Vida Salad: I truly would eat one of these every single day if I could. Chicken. Wheat tortilla. Divinity.

18. Gift Cards: Still enjoying these. Love em.


Thanks for reading. :-) Have a happy happy week. Look for the things that make YOU happy.

6 comments:

April said...

Thank you for your insight. Your talent is true...don't let the downer do you in...you are amazing

Kristy said...

Those flamingos are awesome! haha

Also, we STILL need to return your gift for the correct one and then give it to you.

Let me know if you want company walking around Eagle Mountain with flyers! We would love to join in.

Sometimes it's hard for women to figure things out after they are married. We have this pull to contribute to the income because we don't have kids yet, but then there is the "motherly" pull that wants to be a home-maker. It's hard to make it balance. Don't feel like you need to have everything perfect right away. Guys kind of have it much more simple, they just keep going to work. It is definitely not the easiest transition (although well worth it, and it doesn't mean you don't wish it didn't happen).

Kallie Olson said...

lol I love you Amy! You are so amazing! Can I be just like you when I grow up?!? During the summer I want to come play at your new house!! We'll have to plan this! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!
:D Kallie :D

Charisa and Trent said...

This post has officially made me wish we lived next door to each other. We've never really played... and it's time. I hope you're having a fabulous week!!!!
Thank you!!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

You are inspiring in SO many ways:-) Getting married is such an adventure and also so different than anything you have experienced so far in your life. Anyway, It takes time to get used to everything and I am pretty sure (REALLY sure) that you are going to figure out it all out (if you haven't already:-) ) You always have such a positive perspective on things and that always helps...you are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Hannah said...

I love how much you try to aspire to be better. That is something that I have always admired in you. Honestly, there is never a shortage of things to admire in you. You are such a good, good person who wants so badly to be the best Daughter for a Heavenly Father. I love that you are not hard on yourself the way Satan would want you to be but you are always trying to challenge and better yourself. I miss you. Thanks for calling me the other day.