
Still a bit emotional and lost. However, I'm not one to drown in my sorrow or feel sorry for myself. These are the things that made me happy this week:
#1: I have a husband who cares. He wants to make me happy, and even when I am an emotional basket case he is there to try and lift me and make me laugh. I'll admit that I haven't been the most pleasant of people this week. I've been unpredictable and whiny, and I am uptight about money. I'm thankful for a boy who will try to talk me through it and still love me. Thanks.
#2: When the sun comes up in the morning, I am in JUST the right place of the bedroom to have it shine in on my face. I LOVE it. I never want to move because I love it so much. I am a morning person. I ADORE morning. That sunshine in my face just thrills me every day.
#3: My house is cute. I love it. I'm getting closer when it comes to being organized and living like normal people... still lots of work to do, but I know it'll be done sometime!
#4: Holidays: I love Memorial Day. Friday night Chuck and I were driving home from Provo and I got REALLY excited for all the people leaving town with their campers and boats and RVs. (I wasn't one of them, but hey- I was REALLY happy for all those folks!) GAH! I LOVE SUMMER!
#5: Our Ward: Today Chuck and I were called to work in the Primary. We'll be teaching the seven-year-olds and I think it will be a lot of fun for us. I feel blessed to be able to feel a part of the huge ward that we live in.
#6: Birfdays: This weekend we've celebrated birthdays for both Chuck and his dad. I love celebrating birthdays and going out to dinner and having cake and ice cream. I love being with family.
#7: Walking makes me happy. My allergies have been CRAZY this week, but I had the chance to hike around the neighborhoods here as I delivered some fliers. Good thinking time. :-)
#8: West Side Story is on TV. Happy.
#9: I weeded the flower bed in my front yard on Friday. I haven't cared for a yard since the Layton days. Loved it.
#10: The Bachelorette started on Monday. I dunno what it is about that series, but gosh- can't get enough of it. It's awful. Ha.
#11: I loved the new show GLEE on Fox. It's so totally up my little musical theatre alley. There was a part about a turkey baster that made me laugh out loud- for awhile. Had I never worked in professional theatre I would not have appreciated the hilarity of the turkey baster. Sigh. :-)
#12: The DI is a great place. I will be contributing a good deal to that place this week. I love simplifying my life, even though my sentimental self gets a bit in the way of that...
#13: My hubby loves me and puts up with my emotional self. Yep. I mentioned that. But I needed to mention it again.
#14: This week I reconnected (Thank you, Facebook) with a childhood friend of mine. During our teenage years she chose a very different path than me and I haven't heard anything from her in years. I'm proud of her. After eight years of being an addict, she's been clean for two years. She's still got a rough road ahead of her, but I am glad to know she's where she is.
#15: Tomorrow Chuck joins my Verizon account. WE GET TO TALK FOR FREE NOW!
#16: My friends Lindsey and Tyler made it to the final cut during their Rockette auditions in Chicago the other day! I AM SO PROUD!!!
Let another week begin. Life will be good.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Sunday Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This may have nothing to do with where you're at or why you're feeling lost & emotional, but in case it MIGHT be...
... I was pretty whack-o in the beginning months of my marriage because I was really feeling a loss of identity. I also felt my biological clock ticking now that I was officially "allowed" to have kids, but knew I needed to get my degree, & outside pressures on both sides of the fence were not helping.
I'd had a certain last name for over 20 years, and all of the sudden, I was known by HIS last name. It was hard on my stability sometimes. Even signing my new last name on a check created a paradoxical mixture of joyous excitement and total loss of self.
But it gets better. Been married almost 7 years now, and I've gotten used to the melding of our identities. I like it, actually. I am a new person and that person has to do with what I've become in sharing my life with another person... it's no longer about me. It was hard (still can be) but, over time, I got in the groove.
Then motherhood came along and threw me all off balance again...
The 1st months of marriage are emotional and you do feel lost! It's totally normal. Things really will get better! =)
Hey where are you living? My daughter really wants to take singing lessons. I don't want to spend the money to take her to a 'studio'. I don't know. Is it worth it or is solo time better spent? What age is a good age to start. She just turned 5. Good luck!!! my email is katwatk@msn.com if you want to answer my questions =)
Thanks for sharing! I think that we all go through moments (days/weeks/months) when we feel in a rut. Luckily we have a whole bunch of non-rut times. Plus, WE ALL LOVE YOU!
Thanks to your theater days, I totally got the turkey baster part too. So funny. I'm just sah-lightly annoyed we have to wait all summer to watch the next episode. And to find out how fast Pam and Jim get married now they're--wait, SHE'S--expecting.
Post a Comment