So obviously it's been a long time since I did an update. Lots has happened in the past two weeks... let me give you the brief version:
Aaron Curtis visited with his wife and kids from Texas. Hadn't seen him in like four years. Awesome. Ah memories of Ricks College and being 19...
SURPRISE!!! On December 17 (a bad day for flying in my family, but I still did it...) I showed up at the SLC airport- much to the surprise of my mommy. Elizabeth and I had been plotting for about two months for this trip home. She took my mom to A Christmas Carol at Hale that night, and then told her that they needed to pick up Ron- Elizabeth's father-in-law - at the airport. As they drove past passenger pickup I watched as my mom did a double take and then jumped out of the car and said, "WHAT?!? We weren't looking for Ron! Let me see your ring!" It was BY FAR the most amazing and wonderful surprise I have ever created. THANK YOU BIFF FOR BEING SO SNEAKY!
The next morning it was all business.... my goal for this trip was to, obviously, have a little Christmas time with my family members, and to find a place for a reception, a dinner, AND I was going to find a dress! I was determined. Seriously- I had to get that stuff done. If I didn't I was going to have to resort to taking sleeping pills every night here in Orlando so my mind would shut down. Ha. Anyway...
Christmas dinner with my mom, Biff, Brett, and Kensie.

Kensie is ridiculous. I love her, but she's ridiculous. Ha ha. She is the most friendly little baby I have ever seen in my life. She spent the whole night making friends with the people at the tables around us, and by the end of the night she had the full attention of these three teenaged boys. She says, "HI!" and waves, and that's it. They are putty in her little hands. Kensie is hilarious!
I gave her a Baby Belle for Christmas- she LOVES her nose.
Baby Belle become SUMO Belle when Elizabeth was stuck in the car with a sleeping baby while my mom and I shopped for wedding dresses. My sister cracks me up.
Here's the great news: By the time I finished everything on Saturday I had a reception place, a place for the dinner the night before, AND I had narrowed things down to two dresses. On Monday I bought one of those dresses. YEAH! I'm good to go, people!
I decorated my mommy's Christmas tree so she could be festive.

Next came the OTHER big surprise. My stepmom and I had plotted- for weeks- to surprise my dad with my presence at a local Roberts Craft store. She takes my dad to craft stores all the time so it was just a typical trip for him.
I watched them go into the store- followed a few minutes behind them, found this handy dandy "Merry Christmas" yard sign (to which was attached a jingle bell), and tracked them down back by the picture frames.
I stood about 8 feet in back of my dad and jingled the sign as loud as I could. He ignored me. Stepped five feet closer... ignored me. Lame. So finally I walked up to him, shoved the "MERRY CHRISTMAS" sign in his face (it was covering me so he has NO idea who the weirdo doing this was), and slowly revealed my face to my daddy. "Well helllllllo," he said. Classic. Then Di, Kait, my dad and I all headed to dinner at El Matador in Bountiful. Later that night I went to their house and played a Wii for the first time ever. I LOVED IT!
Going on...
Christmas Eve.
Chuck and I went to Bubba Gump's. It was our last chance before he heads to Utah.

Christmas Day:
I got to be in the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. I'll probably never do that again. Fabulous.


Then EPCOT:


Then time for food at my house with the roomies and Amy Harper's family:
The food festival continued the next night with Chuck's farewell party. Six pizzas. Gone.

Friday I also said goodbye to my favorite gay, Barry. (He won't be around in the next month and a half before I leave). He was in the show with us when I first started and left awhile back. He came back to see the show and I was so happy!
And now, may I introduce, the funniest Christmas gift EVER. I think I am really going to enjoy bantering gag gifts with my father-in-law.
Yes my friends, look closely. That hair is glued onto her legs. My soon to be father-in-law made this for me. It has been the highlight of the holiday season for me and all of my friends here in Orlando. BRILLIANT.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Catching Up...
Posted by
Amy
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like this guy..... where did you manage to find such a humorous Father-in-law (to be). Oh.... you had to go to Florida!!
I like your new father-in-law....(to be)he has a great sense of humor, where on earth did you find him? Oh yeah, you had to go to Florida to find such a hilarious guy from UTAH!
P.S I love your new pet Fred II!
Ok... so I find those 3 teenagers very attractive.. how come you didn't tell them you had a cousin! ;) lol jk :)
The best is that Barbie looks like Paris Hilton. So it's Shave Your Legs Paris Barbie.
That picture of Chuck trying to kiss you captures my memories of you two perfectly! I have to get a copy of it :)
Post a Comment