I just get a charge out of these Jesus in the Sky people. It happens quite often here in Orlando. Messages like, "Jesus+You= Smiley Face," "Jesus Loves You," "Jesus Saves," etc etc etc appear above the theme parks all afternoon. I can't help but giggle.
Anyway, time for Sunday Sunshine... I have SO much of it lately that I dunno if I'll remember... but here we go...
#1: Holiday pay is a beautiful thing. Overtime is a beautiful thing. Vacation pay is a beautiful thing. I need money so badly right now, and I am thankful that the means are slowly coming to me. The blessings of tithing are REAL!
#2: I don't have to pay rent this month! I am selling all of my furniture to Les, our landlord, so the room can stay furnished when I leave. BLESSINGS.
#3: Cheesy EFY songs from my high school days still make me feel good.
#4: Cookie dough. I did it again. Only this time I didn't even bake cookies. I love eating this stuff. Tomorrow my healthy eating and gym habits will resume (after a five day hiatus...), but gosh- cookie dough is divinity. Who cares if I could get sick from the raw eggs that my mom always reminds me about... ha.
#5: Chuck and I have spent a lot of time reflecting on the past year and a half the last few weeks. He heads to Utah to start a new job and basically a new life on Tuesday. I am so so happy about the time we have had here in Orlando. Life will be full of great memories of our time here.
Here we are being cheeseballs and reenacting a night, when we first met, after Sunday Night Gathering when we chatted for a few hours next to his truck.
#6: I love laughing and I've done lots of it the past few days. I got a great gag gift, and I've spend fun times with my roomies and friends here in Orlando. It's been lovely.
#7: I'm saying goodbye to my roomie Amy this week. Amy and I go back to the days of Guys and Dolls at BYU-Idaho when we dated guys who were best friends. How grateful I am for the time I have had to get to know her again at this point of our lives. She has been a great example, friend, and roommate. I will miss her. The "Amy Wing" of the house will never be the same.
#8: I'm thankful for the relief of having a reception center and a dress. I am able to relax... a little bit, until I head to Utah again in a week and a half for more planning.
#9: Time is going fast. This is both a blessing and something that I feel weird about. I really have no idea where this year went. I have a feeling this will become a trend in my life...
#10: My job is great. I know I have had my really difficult times at the stage- but gosh- I really am thankful for the hours, the pay, and the people.
#11: I love the smell of clean laundry. Sniffffffff.
#12: I am reading Twilight. Finally. I wasn't really into the first 150 or so pages... and when Edward saved Bella from the scary dudes in the little town while she and her friends were dress shopping, I rolled my eyes and put it down for days. I picked it back up a day ago and I'm now starting to get into it. I like it.
#13: Cinnamon Stride gum is hard to come by lately. Chuck found lots of it for me for Christmas! YAY!
#14: Yissa, I wore my PINK SHOES for the first time in months last night. Ah, memories.
#15: When I was home in Utah, I met Abi, my cousin Melissa's little girl. I love newborn babies!
#16: Christmas cards: I LOVE THEM. They make me terribly happy!
#17: We get a new roommate this week! I love new friends!
#18: I have a great adoration for THANK YOU cards. I love to buy them. I love to give them. I got some for Christmas. Yay!
#19: Have I mentioned that it's been about 85 degrees here the last week? Oh, sorry. :-)
#20: Papa John's cheesesticks are yummy yummy.
#21: I'm excited for all the new things coming. I always know when it's time to "move on" and begin a new phase of life... and this time it's really obvious. :-) Chuck is starting his new job, I'll move back to Utah mid-February, and then in March- I'll get married. Weird! Fun!
Yippee!
And now I need an opinion: My dear and wonderful Andrea is throwing a shower for me here in Orlando. I have lots of friends and coworkers that I am excited to invite. HOWEVER- there's NO WAY I can get presents from a shower home to Utah. I dunno if I'll even be able to fit all the stuff I already have in my car! Anyway, I am wondering if it would be tacky to request, "Since Amy will be taking a cross country trip," an all GIFT CARD shower here in Orlando. I need opinions... it's kind of the only option I can see working....
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Sunday Sunshine- The Post Christmas Edition
Posted by
Amy
at
10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I don't think it's tacky. They will totally understand that you will not have room and taking it all on a long road trip will be hard. Gift cards are awesome because once the wedding is over, you and Chuck can go buy stuff that you need or didn't get! :)
Not tacky.
It might be a cute idea (unless this seems tacky or too much) to have people take a picture of what they would have purchased and include it with the gift card. That is what I would do for you, anyway. If I were in Orlando. And a girl. But I will be soon! (Orlando, not the girl part).
What you have the guests do is to take a picture of what they want to get you and then wrap the picture up with the gift card with the picture. Good luck.
A gift card shower is a good idea and so is a Pampered Chef shower (cooking things you'll LOVE) the consultant can ship the items you receive directly to your mom in Utah.
I actually have a good idea for you! I had a shower in another state when getting married and they made it a pampered chef shower. They just came and gave money to go towards one big pampered chef gift card. Not only does the PC stuff rock, I ordered it when I got home and I still love it! So no, asking for gift cards is not tacky!
have her do a pampered chef party - you can have all the gifts shipped to a Utah address and the stuff is QUALITY. Others can order something fun for themselves if they want. My girls and Emily loved their pampered Chef stuff. Plus the pampered chef lady does all the cooking and the food is tasty! And friends can feel good that their money goes towards great things for your kitchen.
They can buy you stuff online and send it to Utah, I l or I think there is something were you can ship it to the store anywhere. So you could pick it up in Utah. I had a similar problem with my baby showers.
Actually, this is almost exactly what we did for my three showers. Spencer and I had just graduated from USU and were about to move to Portland for him to go on to dental school. We didn't want to have to carry a tone of stuff and we knew that we were already going to have to figure out how to get the wedding gifts moved, so we did a gift card shower. It was great! We were able to use the cards after we had moved into our new place. They helped us fill-in where we needed certain things and allowed us to get exactly what we liked and needed! When it came time to write the thank-you cards we let the individuals know what we had used their gift cards to purchase and how perfect it was. The givers loved it too because then they knew that their gift didn't end up getting shoved in a dark corner somewhere for years on end!
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I have had friends say "To go in on a bigger gift just bring cash".
Make requests and if it doesn't go your way, then just be happy it went any way at all!
Not tacky at all. In fact, I think it's a great idea! I am excited you are going to be in Utah, we'll have to get together sometime to catch up. (I know you'll be super busy with the wedding, so after you get hitched will be fine!) You are awesome, and thanks for always being a friend!
Oh my gosh I love those shoes! And cookie dough is heaven!!!!! Love ya Maimsie!
Hey, there is no such thing as a tacky shower! Come on! Besides, I have some ideas to make it fun! Just you wait, Amy Shreevey, just you wait!
Post a Comment