Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Sunshine

Happy Thoughts of the Week:


1. I am thankful for laughter. I never posted Halloween pics, but, well, this is what happened to Chuck after a night of me being dressed as "SPRINKLES" the cat. Fans of THE OFFICE will get it. Oh wait, in this picture he is a bunny. WELL, here's the AMY version:

I folded the bunny ears into cat ears. We had a costume night for "Office Night" (since it was the day before Halloween...), so I went as Angela's cat. Chuck was... himself- an office worker.

Anyway, I am thankful that the boy I love makes me laugh and puts up with my crazy antics and will even pull a few of his own out every so often. I always said that I needed someone who could let me be the entertainer, but who could also entertain ME every so often. There's never a dull moment.


2. I LIKE filling up my car with gas now. In fact, I LOVE it. I love that for a little over $30 I can FILL my tank. I don't feel guilty going to Wal-Mart more than once a week. I don't feel guilty for driving to the airport four times in four days. Because guess what? I CAN AFFORD IT!!! THANK HEAVEN. It makes me HAPPY that I don't feel guilty ever time I get in my car to go somewhere other than work! Yippee!

3. I love roommates, and I am thankful for mine. I have always had such great roommates, and today was just a FUN day with these Orlando girls. We sang and danced as we reenacted "Meet Me in St. Louis" and belted out songs from "Anastasia."

4. This weekend I had three incredible girls here with me. Jenny Latimer, Heidi Webster, and Becca Schwartz came out for the open call going on here at Disneyworld. They were all called back for my role and roles in the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review as well. I LOVE having talented friends. I love having memories with these girls. I love that we can talk for hours about old times and all of the things going on now. I love that I have ROOTS with them. Young Ambassadors, MDT, whatever- they're all part of my life that I hold really dear to my little heart, so it did me worlds of good to have them here this weekend! Love you girls!

5. This week at work I felt GREAT. I have been so blessed by Heavenly Father to not feel anxious and frustrated with my work. Obviously my Utah trip and the cruise helped a LOT in getting me back into a good place, but I didn't even get burnt out until the very end of my week. I am REALLY thankful for that.

6. Ben Parkes was also in town for that audition. He got a callback as well! I love Ben and his crazy sense of humor and the fun we have with him. COME BACK!

7. My sister put this slide show of Kensie's first birthday together today. I'm a sucker- bawled through the whole thing.

http://biffandbrett.blogspot.com/2008/11/birthday-pictures.html

8. Cleaning is fun, and I got to do a lot of it on Wednesday! I scrubbed the house and it felt GREAT!

9. I got myself back into a workout schedule this week. Mmmmmmmmmmm, I did well until Wednesday when all the craziness broke loose with church stuff, people coming to visit, etc etc. BUT it felt WONDERFUL to be active again! And this week I am determined to make it over to 24 Hour Fitness to check out the new gym!

10. I love massages. No, I wish I could report that I got one this week, but I DID get a coupon for $20 off. I might take advantage of it. Oh wait, I have a wedding to pay for.

11. I put a deposit down on my photographer. Yay Travis Gugelman. It'll be so much fun to have my dear, and ridiculously talented friend shoot my wedding.

http://www.gugelmanphotography.com/

12. I am thankful for the pretty bling on my finger. I have never been THAT kind of girl. I've never thought of what I wanted for a wedding or a ring or whatever... but I LOVE looking at the sparkles on my hand. It's FUN!

13. I like these colors: Tiffany Blue, Black, and White. Tell me what you think. They make me happy.



14. THANKSGIVING IS COMING! And later this week I am SO breaking out the Christmas stuff!

And while we're on that topic, please refer to my favorite Thanksgiving ecard of all time:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ecard|10001|10051|626150|147551;-102001;11443;-102034;92054|ecard|P1R6S|ecards?&totalCategories=58&sortBySelect=&categoryId=92054

15. I love that I only do two shows tomorrow. My job is cool.

16. I still love BYU. Even if they did lose.

17. I am grateful for my church callings. I do a lot in this ward, and it's WONDERFUL. I am grateful to know so many of the people and to be able to serve and get to work with so many of them.

And my concluding happy thought?

18. I am thankful for Utah and the possibility of being back there soon. More info to come. ;-) Hopefully tomorrow.

6 comments:

Joella said...

I am thankful for Amer and good roommies! They make life worth living! Yay for you!

Spencer and Audrey said...

Amy, I'm so excited for you... and I like your colors. Our wedding was simple... nothing but Black and White! Elegant, classy, timeless... you won't be looking back someday going "what the HECK were we thinking!?!?!?"

Sweating in the endless heat said...

So refreshing! Thanks for your thankfulness:-) Life IS great!

Kristy said...

I really like those colors! And... there is the CUTEST little kids dress up clothes shop that is a hole-in-the-wall on Lehi Main Street. Anyway, they have pouffy-super girly dresses for tiny girls and suits to match for tiny boys. I am dying to buy one for Kensie and Myles, but ONLY with your permission and Biff's of course. Check it out next time you are in town. Hopefully soon and hopefully to stay!

Kallie Olson said...

Love the colors :) Love you! Can't wait to see you again! :)

BenMason said...

Travis did our wedding too (I think it might have been his first wedding), and you will be well pleased with his mad photog skills. Can I just say, one of the happiest things about a wedding is all the cool pictures you can keep looking at for years and years.