Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Sunshine: Dance

That boy loves me...


ANYWAY- Sunday Sunshine... Oh, where to begin. Besides having a cute boy make me a kitty pancake for dinner tonight, I have a zillion other things to be thankful for and happy about tonight. I spent three days on a cruise- rejuvenating and relaxing myself and eating my little heart out. The downside of all that is the time I'm going to have to spend at the gym to undo the damage of all that eating... worth it? Quite possibly. So here we go- Sunday Sunshine.

#1: I really love my ring. I LOVE it. I think it's so pretty and it makes me happy to look at. And I love the boy who gave it to me too. Duh. Ha.

#2: Disney cruises are incredible. I was worried that it was going to be a lot of Disney vomit all over the place... you know- overkill on Mickey Mouse and stuff? Nope. It was just stunning. Best of all, I did all of this for $300!!!! I LOVE MY LIFE!

#3: I bought myself a foot spa. I love it. Thank you Wal-Mart and $20 things to make my feet happy. I'm serious. I am a sucker for pedicures and unfortunately I can't get one every week- so this lil foot spa is gonna make me a happy camper. I love bubbles. And bath salts. LOVE em.


#4: Continuing on with the FOOT theme: I LOVE nail polish. My toes are this fabulous pink color right now. Too cute.

#5: I came home this morning to a fantastically clean room. I love that feeling- home from vacation and nothing to clean up!

#6: Wedding plans are coming along. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I feel SO blessed with the way people have responded to all this and I am just glad it's all going to come together. My plan is to have it set and done a month in advance so I can RELAX that whole last bit. Yep.

#7: Thanksgiving is next week!!!

#8: My friends Heidi and Becca are coming to Orlando this week to audition for my role here at WDW. I would LOVE to pass the torch to one of them when my contract ends (IN TWO MONTHS... and a bunch of days...)!!! Another friend, Jenny, is also being looked at for the role. I love having talented friends! And Ben is coming out for auditions too!!! Yippee! Fun fun fun!

#9: I have lots of friends. That makes me REALLY happy. I have discovered this as I have been making lists. I am very blessed. (This is in no way meant to sound boastful or obnoxious, but y'all know what I mean?)

#10: I have WONDERFUL roommates who sacrifice for me. A big shout out to Hannah and Sarah for being the transportation to and from the cruise!

#11: I love my little Kallie. I still see her as a three-year-old but I love the kid. And she graduates this school year. Sheesh. Anyway- she's started her own SUNDAY SUNSHINE- so so cute.

#12: I floated around the Atlantic Ocean (ok fine... a little beach area of it) for a few HOURS on Saturday. It was INCREDIBLE. A-MAZING. I haven't had that much time to myself in a LONG LONG time. No cell phone, no email, nowhere to be, nothing to do... y'all need to do that for yourself once in awhile. I'll watch your kids. ;-)

#13: I bought a cute little Tiffany Blue folder for all my wedding ideas. It's cute. And has nothing in it... yet.

#14: Great news!!! I'm back on Eastern Time!!! YIPPEE!!!! After staying on Mountain Time since my trip in October, the cruise finally exhausted me enough to be able to get to sleep before 2 AM! Wahoo!

#15: I've really been enjoying the fact that I have a voice student. One of the CPs in the ward asked if I would help her out with voice lessons and getting prepared for MDT and Young Ambassadors auditions. It's been a good learning experience for both of us.

#16: I love the movie Anastasia. I want to watch it this week. I've been singing the songs all day.

#17: I like frozen peas. WHO KNEW??!?!?!? I always thought I hated them and then I actually ate them last week and LIKED them. Wow.

#18: There was a black kitty in my yard today. I named him Elmer. I once had a penguin pinata named Elmer. I made him back in 7th grade Spanish class where I was JULIA and Melissa was GLORIA. We still call each other by those names. Happy.

#19: This week I went out on a limb by going on that cruise. I am practical. I a frugal. I am too sensible sometimes. I am NOT a risk taker (in most situations). Like I recently posted, I don't like being the center of attention. This week has been one of breaking out of my regular habits and experiencing LIFE. It's been wonderful. When Lindsey first mentioned going on the cruise to me, I was hesitant.... "$300???? I need that for this, or that..." FOR HEAVENS SAKE, AMY, MAKE SOME MEMORIES! So I bit the bullet and paid my money. And know what? I wouldn't ever change that decision. I LOVED every second of it. I have LOVED every second of this whole "telling the story of Amy and Chuck" thing... even though it has meant being the center of attention...

Bottom line: In the last week I have experienced life. I feel happy and alive and like I've accomplished things and have the ability to accomplish many more things. And yes, it sounds sappy and silly to relate everything to a little song, but I can't help it. I still "sit it out"often, but yeah- this week I learned how to "Dance." Even if it was just a little.





7 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

Man I'm totally jealous!!! And you know you are my hero :) I love you!!!

Melissa said...

Ahh the pinata~
Those were the days. I am so glad you LOVED your cruise. I think that ought to be a girls trip when all our kids are grown. We can plan now, right?

Tiff said...

"My plan is to have it set and done a month in advance so I can RELAX that whole last bit."

BAAAA-hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you were serious? Oh, ok. No, yeah. You can totally do that. Totally.

;)

Kristy said...

I think we will take you up on the "watching our kids" thing! Ha, you sure you want Myles and the other little one?!

Lillian J. White said...

How fun that you went on a disney cruise! I am glad you went and had a wonderful time! And best of luck with that tiffany blue wedding folder! Love you!

Ashley said...

Hi Amy, Congratulations on your engagement! What a cute story, best wishes to you both!
~Ashley (Airmet) Graver

Ashley said...

Hi Amy, Congratulations on your engagement! What a cute story, best wishes to you both!
~Ashley (Airmet) Graver