Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feeling Loved

It's been a great week. It's about to get even BETTER because in the morning I leave for the Disney Cruise I've been waiting for!! BUT I couldn't leave tomorrow without posting first a little blog about how grateful I am for all the happies and congrats and hugs and cheers and yes, I've even loved the mocking that you all have given me the past few days. Chuck and I just keep telling each other how happy it makes us that other people are excited and thrilled for us. It really is such a great feeling! So THANK YOU to everyone out there. :-)

Here's a little rundown of the last couple days festivities:

Kristen and "Krispy"- Domestic Divas- made this cake for my announcement at work. When I went into work on Monday, only three of the girls knew about the weekend's story. Sooooo it was all a huge surprise and I was overwhelmed by their response. It was a very good day at work.


Saturday night Lindsey and Tyler came over to hear the whole story! We has "Story Time with Amy and Chuck" on my bed.


Thanks to Lindsey for these pictures- As I made the announcement in the dressing room!





And now some thoughts: Many of you may find is hard to believe that I HATE being the center of attention. It's different with family (I know all the Sommercorn's are wondering "WHAT THE ???? right now...) ANYWAY- I DO NOT like being the center of attention. I'd rather go about my day on the back porch with no one paying me any mind at all. Sure, I get on stage and don't mind everyone staring at me, but AMY doesn't like to be fawned over and looked at. It scares me.

I have realized that I may have to allow this whole wedding thing to get me PAST that problem. Seriously, sitting in the dressing room, telling the story, and having everyone stare at me gives me serious ANXIETY. Now, like I said before, I LOVE feeling loved and I know that being the center of attention is a bit of a requirement in this situation- but wow. I was a bit surprised how tense I got about the whole thing. I think it must just be the whole "Believe it or not Amy is really shy" thing coming out. And standing there, knowing that people are there for ME and that I have their FULL ATTENTION freaks me out. Sometimes I hate being shy. I wish I could bask in the attention and be the star that I am on stage. Ah well- maybe that's also part of my charm as well. Who knows.

Anyway, I am blessed. I am blessed with family and friends and coworkers who genuinely love me and care about me and can be happy for me. That's a really wonderful feeling.

3 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Ok- now you need to COME HOME!!! I want to go shopping and window shopping and do BRIDE stuff. Hurry!!!

Kallie Olson said...

"(I know all the Sommercorn's are wondering "WHAT THE ???? right now...)"

This made me laugh so hard!!!! Oh funny funny :) True story though :)Hehe! Love ya! Hope you're having fun! (Which I know of course you are, I mean, who wouldn't be having a ton of fun in your shoes?!)

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

The parties are just beginning!!!! Just you wait, you will be the center of attention for FAR longer than you want!