Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkins: Galinda, Elphaba, and Meatloaf.

Bring on the Halloween festivities! I can hardly believe this is the second Halloween we've done all this together! Weird. Time flies.


Let the creativity begin...




Yes. I definitely made Galinda and Elphaba pumpkins. NERD. Nerd I say.


The guts of the pumpkin have always been my favorite part of Halloween. I love the squishiness!!


And, because it's tradition in my family, our Halloweeny dinner was chili, cornbread, and apple cider. Somehow it's just not the same here where it's 82 degrees. Sigh.




The finished products.
If you'll notice at the bottom of the pumpkin pile is a little brown pumpkin.
It's in honor of our future kitty, Meatloaf.


6 comments:

Amber said...

Amy!!! I absolutely LOVE the Galinda and Elphaba pumpkins! They're awesome!! :) Hmmm, maybe I'll be Elphaba for Halloween this year. It'll have to be an Elphaba that had an allergic reaction to bees and blew up like a balloon. :)

Trever and Heather said...

Hey- we have our next cat named as well. She will be Mrs. Tuttle (Tut-Tut for short). Not that we want Staesha to die anytime soon...

Where did you get the idea for Meatloaf?

Kristy said...

I am very impressed!

Melissa Garn said...

Cute pumpkins...can you come do that with my kids this week? :)

April said...

Super fun! You boy looks like he wants to learn all about the traditions.

Anonymous said...

Do you guys have a little photographer that follows you around, or do you just thrust your camera at unsuspecting victims? Oh, by they way, only one more month of being pregnant! Wahoo! Love, Yissa