Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Sunshine!


This will be a fun week.

And here's my SUNSHINE from this past week:

1. It is assumed that my heart is OK. I obviously didn't advertise this issue on my blog because I didn't want to alarm people, but from Monday until Wednesday last week I was experiencing these weird chest pains. I couldn't breathe too deeply or a sharp pain would shoot out- right where my heart was. Let me remind you all that I am a singer... and breathing deeply is a little bit important. Anyway, I couldn't bend over or sleep on my left side either. It was a little freaky. BUT I have been TOTALLY swamped with rehearsals for a special event and have been in shows at the same time. No time for a doctor! And then the not being able to breathe right was making me light headed... not good. So yeah- Wednesday I broke down and went to the doctor. The nurse freaked out and got me into a room before I even filled out papers. She kept asking me if they needed to call 911 and stuff. Hmmmmm... they take chest pains very seriously! Anyway, long story short, I was there for about three hours while they examined me, did an EKG, and determined that my heart, from the test results is OK. HOWEVER, what I was feeling is NOT normal so they want to try to get to the bottom of it. So next week I'll go back to the doctor... blood work... whatever else. But the test said I was fine, and the pains have tapered off. So I think we're good to move on.

2. I'm intense during the rehearsal process. All week I've been trying to pace myself with rehearsals AND shows. HOWEVER, this coming week I only have to think about the special I'm working on. YAY!!! It's funny because I am REALLY intense when I'm in these rehearsals, and all last year I think everyone thought I was WAY too serious about the whole thing. Yeah- I come off as intense and really troubled and whatever else... and shy. Yup, the shy thing comes out in me during all this. It's weird. Ah well, EMBRACE it, Ames. Ha. ANYWAY- the point of all this is that I am really happy that for the next three days I get to enjoy doing this other show. I love doing it!

3. THREE WEEKS TILL MY DISNEY CRUISE!

4. This morning my mom woke up and heard a cat meowing. She went downstairs and there's "Leslie" the cat. She'd come in the doggy door to greet my mom. (Cuz really, who doesn't just walk into the homes of strangers???) I thought it was a cute story.

5. Chuck has been researching jobs in a place I would really like to go...

6. My roommate Hannah is getting addicted to The Office. I love to see people head down that path. :-)

7. Happy Birthday to my cousin Shannon and Melissa Porter!

8. I really loved carving and painting pumpkins this weekend. Yesterday was just a great day overall. I needed a day off SO badly, and it was pretty much perfect. Yay. I love days like that.

9. GAS PRICES ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. CHRISTMAS IS TWO MONTHS AWAY!!! I love the holidays!!!

11. I cleaned my bedroom yesterday. THANK HEAVEN.

12. I got some fantastic shoes while I was in Utah. I wore them today and it made me happy.

13. I got some salt to refill our water softener with. Das all I'm gonna say.

14. My roommate Kim is home for a few weeks! YAY! I've missed her as she's been floating around on a boat for eight weeks. I know it's good for her, but I'm selfish and would rather have her here.

15. Speaking of my roommates... the other night I was hyper and we all had fun. It was late. Sometimes it's just good to chill with the girls!

16. Thank you to Bethany who left behind some magazines that I am finding very interesting as of late. Again, das all I'm gonna say.

17. Chuck still loves his little book I gave him. He shows it to everyone. Ha.

18. The weather here is AMAZING right now! SO SO PRETTY! Although I'm a little bummed that I now find the pool a bit too chilly for swimming. Those good ol days have passed.

19. I made yummy apple cider last night. It tasted great!

20. I had a great Sunday and I'm ready for a new week!!! Be happy this week, y'all!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I bet I know what kind of magazines they are....la la la! :)

Also, I can totally vouch for you and your rehearsal intensity. When I first met you when we were doing CFY, I totally didn't forsee us becoming friends. I thought you were so serious and stuff. And look at us now! Millie and Miss Dorothy forever. :)

Jamie said...

Gee Amy...they aren't BRIDAL magazines, are they? ;)

Hope you are doing better! Chest pains are never fun.

Aubrey said...

You so have the life, but no heart. I think I make no sense.

Joella said...

I hope that you are doing better! Good luck with all the shows and such in the meantime! Love you!

April said...

be careful with the heart thing...it runs in the family. Maybe it is a sign to take it easy. Loves!
April

Diane said...

Love the pumpkins. Kait and me are doing our tonight, we can't wait. Love the guts and carving.
Hope your heart is doing well. We will put you in our prayers. Don't forget to take care of "you".