Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time for a Road Trip, a Road Trip, a Road Trip!

I haven't road tripped once since I came to Florida. Granted, driving across the country to get here a year ago was enough to hold me over for a long long time, BUT- after realizing that Chuck and I have never taken a road trip together (a MUST in Mormon dating... HA HA), yesterday was the day. We drove three hours each way, yes, SIX HOURS folks... WHY? Because in a place called Fort Myers, where Biff and Brett lived for about a month, there is a Red Robin Restaurant. Yes my friends, I road tripped to get to a chain burger joint. And BOY was it worth it!!! Have I ever mentioned that I love eating out?


The day began with the regular road tripping car full of treats. Teddy Grahams, Cheezits, fruit, graham crackers with frosting... lots of JUNK, some rain, and a few hours after leaving Orlando, we ARRIVED at...

OK- so y'all need to help me- In Utah, it's Red Robin- America's Gourmet Burgers.... but is the "& Spirits" part of the title in the Beehive State? I don't think so... someone do the research and get back to me.



So off we went to Sanibel Island...



This is the Island of Tacky Mailboxes...





And tacky, but charming little shops...


We visited the beach...






Oh, and we must document the food consumed...








Oh... and did I mention that we didn't eat at Red Robin just once? Maybe we ate there for lunch and dinner... :-)

And the winner of RANDOMNESS in Fort Myers:


Take a road trip my friends. They're just so much fun.

11 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

lol! This is just so you :)It made me laugh! :) love ya!

Harper said...

Those mailboxes remind me of "The Golden Girls" ...

Amber said...

Amy, I just love you so much!!! I love reading your blog! It energizes and exhausts me all at once!!!! Seriously! I don't think you can really understand what it does! Thank you for sharing it!!!!!!!

The Steele family said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun.

The Steele family said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Michelle said...

Mmm, Clucks & Fries. Delish! I am totally going to drive past Red Robin tomorrow and see if it says Spirits on the sign. :)

Lillian J. White said...

looks fun Amy! I haven't done one of those in too long...makes me miss you, even though our "road trips" were only to I.F.
And I ADORE Red Robin....i can't believe we have one here in little Wenatchee, but you don't have one in Orlando! Insane.

the Dancer said...

Looks like you had a great trip!! In Utah, there's more restrictions on who can hold a liquour license if memory serves. It was a big change when we moved to Colorado that I noticed.

Anonymous said...

Umm...can I just say that you two are major losers, and that Chuck is a big pushover to let himself be dragged along on your weirdo escapades?! (Did I mention that I HATE road trips?) All of that said, I still don't know how you are not the fattest person on the face of this planet, but I guess that I could refer to the prior blog. I would also like to say this, I WANNA BE THERE! Love, Yissa

April said...

so what's up with life? Love the road trip.
April

Michelle said...

Just to confirm--the sign at Red Robin in Layton reads "America's Gourmet Burgers & Drinks". Yep. Trying to clean it up for the UT.

I know. I have no life.