Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Birfday!





What a FANTASTIC 27th birthday I had. Thanks to EVERYONE for the phone calls, the Facebook messages and blog comments, the letters in the mail- EVERYTHING. I honestly feel so blessed to have so many people that I know love and care about me. That was the very best part of my birthday- hearing from all of you. I really have no words to thank you enough for making my birthday special.


The celebrations started the day before when I got to work and found the cute cupcakes made by Kristen... the girl is a domestic diva. Love it. I did five shows, and then Chuck humored me and we went to see.........




I have a sentimental attachment to this show- even though I've never actually seen the Broadway production. My Grandma Colleen saw the show in San Francisco before it's Broadway opening, and I tell you, the woman was OBSESSED for MONTHS. I can't tell you how many times, as I did my weekly cleaning of her house, that I would find her in the living room dancing to the cast recording. Honestly, it's such a silly show- dumb story, cheesy way of tying a bunch of ABBA songs together, but I LOVED it. It's one of those movies that really just lets you forget about everything going on in your life and ENJOY. It's light and fun, Pierce Brosnan SINGS (HA HA HA!), and GOSH it makes you love your girlfriends!!! I'd forgotten how fun it is to sit around and act like idiots and giggle with all the girls. Women truly share a bond that men have no comprehension of. * SENTIMENT *

After the movie I came home and found THIS:








I have a cute boyfriend and roommates. I fell asleep that night with the streamers on my fan singing me to sleep. I felt like a little girl on Christmas Eve! Sometimes I am such a kid...

Morning came! PRESENTS!

And of course I had to eat out... Cracker Barrel for breakfast!


AND Cheesecake Factory for dinner with the roomies and friends!!!


Lindsey's card to me. So funny!



My roommates make fun of me for eating oatmeal every day. Hee hee! THANKS JENNLYN!


Lindsey standing as we all sit down to eat... the poor girl has a back injury that won't allow her to do... well, anything really. BUT she ended up sitting down for most of the meal after this! YAY for milestones!!


Anyone want a CLUB SANDWICH????


Adam's Peanut Butter Cheesecake... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!




Such good times.


The Girls


Me with Chuck's roommates John and Brandon


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!
I also got to do some great shopping with money from Chuck, my mom, and dad. THANK YOU!! Aaaaaaaaaaand there's technically more birthday stuff today. We never ate my cake because we were so stuffed from the food we'd been pigging out on all day! YAY BIRTHDAY!


Oh... AND this was the highlight of the day:



Chuck hates cats. I LOVE them. I'm sure we've discussed this on the blog before. ANYWAY- so he got me this card, and then when we met up with his roommates they'd got me the same thing. Now I have two meowing kitty cards to drive him crazy!!!! (Evil giggle...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am just sad that I wasn't there!!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I hate you! You should be the fattest person on the face of this planet! I guess it doesn't help that I'm pregnant, but still! Love, Yissa

Andrea said...

You are very loved. What a great birthday!

Kallie Olson said...

Yay! I'm glad your bday was awesome! (and you know the message from me was your fav ;) you just didn't want to say so cause it would make everyone jealous) heehee! I want to see Mama Mia haha :) What did Lindsey do to her back?

Melissa said...

Julia~ I loved that you named your donkey Julio. You are too funny. I am sorry I never called Friday. Just know that I love you dispite my forgetful twin mommy brain. Happy birthday. Call ME!

Michelle said...

It looks like you had the best birthday ever! Yay!

Thanks for the birthday wishes today. :)

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!!