This week I have been extremely contemplative. Every morning I have woken up with a strong sense of gratitude for the things in my life. Honestly, my life is a piece of cake. Those of you who know me well know that I have definitely had my tough times and trials that seemed would never end, but I can honestly look at my life at this point and feel such a sense of thankfulness and true happiness. Those trials and hardships have made, and will continue to make me who I am, and because of them I know exactly how the sun feels. There's LOTS of sun in my life right now!
Here's a little list of things I am grateful for right now:
* A job that when I leave work, I don't have to think about it one bit when I go home: I never take the stresses of work home with me. That's not to say that I'm never stressed out by aspects of work, BUT I honestly can leave there on Friday and not even think about that stage once.
* Musical theatre: Yep. I LOVE it. Always have, always will. As nerdy as it is, I am PASSIONATE about it. There aren't many things I enjoy more than singing various musical songs in the shower. "I am so much better! I am so much better! I am so much better..... THAN BEFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!"
* My predictable and very low stress life: Every aspect of my life is predictable right now. For some that may seem boring, but it suits me very well. I go to work, I come home, I eat, I read, I pray, I go to the gym, I play with Chuck and my roommates, at night I call my mother... yep. That's about it.
* Girl friends: Mamma Mia made me remember how much I LOVE girl friends. I have spent nearly every moment of my time here in Orlando with the boy, BUT besides that time, some of the sweetest moments of my experience here in Orlando have come from my roommates! Last night as we all ate at Cheesecake Factory I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly BLESSED to have each one of those girls in my life.
* I don't have to worry about money: OK- I am in NO WAY saying that I have it made in the finances department... ha ha. BUT I live very comfortably and since I graduated from BYU I haven't had to worry about money once. WHAT A HUGE BLESSING THIS HAS BEEN.
* A cute room: I LOVE my bedroom. I love MY SPACE. I love relaxing in my room, pondering, reflecting, reading, singing, vegging, and sleeping in my room!
* As always, the Gospel. Dunno what else to say but that I am grateful to know who I am, where I came from, and where I am going. I am thankful that I know what I want out of my life- for the most part... ha ha- and that I never have to feel alone or afraid. I constantly feel the presence of Heavenly Father, the Savior, and the Holy Ghost in my life. What more could I ask for?
* I'm also thankful for cleaning products. I love to clean. I did lots of it today.
* Toothbrushes. I LOVE brushing my teeth.
* Bedtime. It's bedtime now. And I love it.
What are YOU grateful for today?
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Grateful... Sunday Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
2:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment