Ran across this thought on my friend Tricia's blog:
“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.”
“The Joy of Womanhood,” Ensign, Nov. 2000, 15
“The Joy of Womanhood,” Ensign, Nov. 2000, 15
2 comments:
A friend of mine was saying something in her blog the other day, mocking the "old-fashioned" concept of being somewhat of a Stepford Wife... you know, praising your husband constantly, greeting him with a hug, kiss, & dinner, stroking his ego, etc... and most of my married friends who also read her blog were laughing along with her.
... I see nothing wrong with being "that" woman. And the quote you just posted made me feel better about feeling that way.
To quote Dr. Laura, "I've never met a happy feminist."
I loved that talk!!!
I love your shoe story!
I love YOU!
Post a Comment