Monday, May 12, 2008

Morning Jabber


Survival: I survived my fifteen shows in three days. Now- I don't want to sound like a complainer or anything- because we all know how blessed I am with my job- but doing fifteen shows in three days is NOT fun!!! It's not fun BECAUSE you feel like you're BREATHING, EATING, SLEEPING, and EVERYTHING ELSE Beauty and the Beast. Mentally you feel like something is wrong with you. Ha ha. Anyway, what made it REALLY hard this time around was the HEAT. It is getting SO SO SO hot here in FL. I admit that I love it, and won't complain a bit when I'm outside playing in it, but trying to do shows in it is almost unbearable. It's not as bad as it was when I opened last August, but it's getting there. After several months of not having to deal with such extreme temps, my body has to get used to it again. Sweaty Belle is PRETTY. Not.

Also, I need brown contacts. Next time I go to the eye doctor, which should be soon, I am totally getting some brown ones. I wanna see what I'll look like the way Belle SHOULD look. No more of this blue-eyed Belle junk.

Debating: I am planning on going to the "Disney on Broadway" open call in NYC next month. I can't figure out whether to promote myself towards "The Little Mermaid" or "Mary Poppins". I guess, in all reality that it doesn't matter because they have never seen or heard of me so therefore even if I NAIL the audition I will be looked over... ha ha... but I want advice. Tiffany? Ben? Any MDTers?

My Newest Obsession: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.


I stayed up for about twenty minutes longer than I should have last night just STARING at this recipe. Something inside of me is becoming domesticized...

Thoughts: I wanna go to grad school. Let's be honest, I need to get married and have babies at some point, but I have always had a great love for "THE NEWS". When I went to BYU I really wanted to double major in Broadcasting AND MDT, but they wouldn't let me because I had too many credits and they basically wanted me out of there as fast as possible. Well, when I was in China with Young Ambassadors , the head of the broadcasting major came along with us. I was already a senior, but he asked if I wanted to be part of the program. He promised to waive all my freshman and sophomore classes, and I could go on with the broadcasting major from there. I don't consider this any kind of regret it my life, but it would have been great to take advantage of that opportunity. It would, however, have added a year and a half to my schooling, and since I'd already been in school WAAAAAAY too long, and had run out of financial aid options, I figured it best to just graduate in MDT. And if I hadn't? I would never have gone to Hong Kong and I wouldn't be here. All is well with my decision. :-)

A Shout Out to the Girls in Utah: I need a good hair stylist when I'm there. I planned on getting my hair cut and dyed today but the salon I go to isn't open on Mondays. Shoot! So someone give me the name of a great stylist they go to. I need pretty hair again. I have gotten too lazy with my personal appearance!

Now it's time to go have a productive day off. Glorious.

4 comments:

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aubrey said...

Oh yeah, I think you'd make a pretty Mary Poppins but be a dang good-sounding Ariel. But, think about this, do you want to spend half the time in fins sitting on a rock? I'd rather wear a cool dress and sing spoonful of sugar.

Tiff said...

Ok, if you have the means, money, time, etc. then go to the audition.

BUT - make sure it fits into the eternal scheme of things in your life, as well. I'm telling you, there is nothing worse then feeling like you have to turn down big dreams for the sake of humbler, but better choices.... trust me. ;)

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

I printed the lemon bars recipe. I love cooking and baking, and that recipe looks really REALLY good. I get a hankerin for lemon bars about once a year, and thanks to you, I'm feeling the itch!
Now, about the broadcasting bit... you don't want to be a broadcaster-- seriously. They make you say biased things and they don't report the news fairly. That is MY opinion. I think your acting career is WAY funer!