Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Boy and His Birthday (Which Also Just Happens to be the Day that KICKS OFF SUMMER!)

Yesterday was the big 28 for that boy I sometimes talk about on my blog. :-) Ha ha. Chuck and I had a day full of fun... and that's why today, Tuesday, I am still in bed (but hey... blogging), at 11 AM. So much for being productive on my day off. Hee hee.


The morning started off with a surprise brunch at this lovely little place...

... Chuck thought it was just him and me going but I had arranged for a bunch of our friends from church to be there as well. Yay for surprises!


Jennlyn, Naomi, Simone, Jeff, John, Tawnya, Chuck, me, and Enoch! And Wes... who took the picture.


The came shopping... and a few hours later, THE BIRTHDAY CAKE.

Peanut Butter Playground cake from COLDSTONE:


I was very particular about getting the Reeses Peanut Butter cups sliced evenly. I love them and am too selfish to let the birthday boy have more than his share. :-) Ha.


Birthday birthday!

Next came more shopping, and THEN we headed to the ward FHE- a Memorial Day BBQ at Fort Wilderness. OK- now most of you know that I am OBSESSED with the 4th of July. I LOVE BBQs and summertime STUFF. This event did not disappoint and here I am chowing down on a burger. Gah- I LOVE summer.


NEXT: (Bear in mind that at this point it's already 9:30 PM)...

The PIRATES AND PRINCESS PARTY at Magic Kingdom!
(Thanks to Jamie for the tickets!)



Singing Pirates.




I like Indians.


Apparently he doesn't. I always did think he was racist... hee hee.


I think it's hilarious that we all love these car rides so much. We drive around in our cars every day, but somehow giving us a little toy car and a track makes driving so much fun!



Self Explanatory...


Amy the Pirate gathering treasure...


I am the Princess.


PIRATE TREASURE!


A Worn Out Boy on the Ride Home.
(Sporting his new TOP GUN shades- I feel a song coming on...)


Happy Birthday to Chuck! Yay 28!!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

WOW! What a day! I say you plan my birthdays from now on! :) I will be the big 22 in just two weeks, let me know what time I need to be ready! ha ha ha

Macy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. First Watch!?!?!? I'm ridiculously jealous. There was one near where I used to live in Ohio. It was pretty much my favorite place to eat.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Chuck! I can't wait to meet you. Seriously. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! You can plan my bday if you want, my friends are all a little slow when it comes to planning.. actually, none of my friends remember mine because it's in August... haha oh darn.. lol ;)
Happy late bday Chuck!
:D Kallie :D