Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pretty Idiot


My hair always looks so pretty when the stylist does it. She roundbrushes to dry it, she puts cool products in it, and I come out looking fabulous. HOWEVER- when it comes to AMY recreating the look ... well, it just DUN'T work. I get through one section, it's left tangled and looking like my mom's poodle, and then I just loose patience, flip my hair upside down, and blow dry away. So much for looking pretty. Ha.

SOMEONE TELL ME THE SECRET TO ROUNDBRUSHING YOUR LONG HAIR ON YOUR OWN!
(I don't have four hands...)

7 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

I'm glad that someone else can't do it either- my friend Kimi (who does my hair) is always telling me "all you have to do is roundbrush it"- it drives me crazy.

Ashlee said...

anAmy-

You're funny and Chuck is cute, glad to see pics of him! So you dry your hair about 85-90% just kind of running your fingers through it. After that pile it all on your head with a clippy and pull it down and round brush it a layer at a time. Then I go over and spots that don't look awesome with my CHI straightener(I consider it a gift from God might I add!). It's really easy once you get the hang of maneuvering those pesky brushes! Hope that helped!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Okay, so I have the retarded gene when it comes to hair. That's why I wear hats and pigtails and ponytails so much.

Maybe next year I will figure out the secret to great hair.

Aubrey said...

If only I knew, but I did see a tutorial about it online once. Maybe I can find it and if I do I'll email it on, but it pretty much says the same thing that Ashlee said to do, with the advantage of a video to watch as they instruct. I'd love to make my retarded-ugly hair beautiful by round-brushing too. I do know it helps to have a really big brush when your hair is long. The brush my stylist used on me was 3-4 inches--it was huge.

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Oh my GOSH I have this same qualm. I'm sure you're better at it than me. My sister thinks I'm slow or something when I tell her I can't do it. She says that all it takes is practice- doing it over and over- every day for years. Well, I'm still doing it, and it's still just lucky if I get a little body when my work is through. I'm just glad I have straight hair!

Anonymous said...

HA it makes me laugh cause I try and get rid of body in my hair! lol That and Amy, your hair always looks freakin' amazing so I don't want to hear any more crap about how you can't do it! Let's be honestet here, if anyone doesn't know how to do their hair, its moi! :)
:D Kallie :D

gilliay said...

So it took chopping my hair off to figure out how to round brush. Don't know if I'll be able to do it when it's long again. But the best secret I've learned is how you hold the hairdryer. Don't hold it by the handle, hold it by the tube where the hot air blows out (does that make sense?). It's easier to maneuver. Also I don't use a round brush with the short pricklies like you posted. My has pricklies that are a little bit longer and fatter and the plastic is more stiff so it's harder to get my hair tangled. And yes, those are the technical terms...lol.