Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update on My New Years Resolutions

This is what a nerd I am:

I am reading more. Yes I am. My goal is to read two books per month... and what did I begin with??



Great book. Love it. She writes like she talks and I LOVE that. Buuuuut I am ADD and have to read each page like twice cuz my mind wanders.

NEXT on the agenda:



I AM SUCH A NERD! But I LOVE American history. I want to know about the Civil War. So I shall learn.

Next month a have a lovely fiction book on the agenda. Any suggestions for book #2?

4 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

I'm impressed. I have yet to start on one of the 5 books I'm supposed to read.

I'd recommend "The Devil's Arithmetic" by Jane Yolen. It's about the Holocaust and is written for the 12-18 crowd, which means it's an easier-read. I loved it.

Brad said...

You should visit our blog posts, #1
and #2.
Celeste has some great recommendations.

Malauna said...

Heather's sister-in-law here. I recently read "To Make Men Free" by Richard Croker. Its historical fiction surrounding the battle of Antietem, so it fits well in your American History passion. And after reading your current Civil War book, you'd be familiar with all the main characters.

Kallie Olson said...

You can read my AP US book for me... that has PLENTY of American history... haha actually.. I should probably be reading that... ha .. ha... oh boy.. lol Read the Twilight series!!! I read it in 3 days basically! Don't worry.. its only 3 books hehe and it's amazing! Ask Melissa, she loved em' too! My mom even read them.. and my mom doesn't read that much! :D:D:D