OK- I need advice:
There's a theatre in Daytona Beach- about an hour away- doing Les Miz this summer. I have signed up for an audition this Thursday. Problem is, that the more I think of it, the more it seems stupid to me to do it. Here are the pros and cons... and I want y'alls opinions.
Pros:
1. It's Les Miz. I have been obsessed since I was 8.
2. It would be an Equity job outside of Utah- great for the resume.
3. It would be a change from Beauty and the Beast on speed...
Cons:
1. It's an hour away from where I live... probably add another hour during bad traffic.
2. Rehearsals and performances will amount to about two months. Commuting? YUCK.
3. I doubt I would be able to keep my Beauty and the Beast job AND work in Daytona. So I would do the show in June but then be out of a job after that.
4. There's a serial killer loose in Daytona... (AND THIS IS NO LIE! http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=c7b9c82f-a29c-4653-aeca-31a82a53b566)
Thoughts people?
And obviously, AUDITIONING doesn't mean I will be cast... but ya know... sometimes I think, "Why bother if I dunno if I really wanna do it...)
Sunday, January 27, 2008
To Audition or To Not Audition
Posted by
Amy
at
6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay, so the selfish side of me is saying audition, because Adam and I are auditioning too!!! That would be awesome. Things that we have heard from those that have worked there
1) pay is........okay but not great
2) housing is horrible
3) the run is really short. They may have a long rehearsal, but the performances are only June 12-29. Only two weeks.
Like I said, we are auditioning, but we have day jobs doing childrens theater, and are wondering about the commute too. Love Ya!
What does Sir Charles think? I'd be really nervous about the serial killer--I think you should hold off because maybe a better Les Miz opportunity will come along.
Audition and then decide. That way even if you decide against it, you'll know that you made the part (half of the fun anyway).
Yeah, I like Heather's idea too.
The problem with doing it Heather's way is the "burning a bridge" factor. This is a company I have never auditioned for and I don't wanna be cast in a show and not accept it. I actually decided yesterday to not do it. I think you're right Aub, other opportunities will come along.
Post a Comment