Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Sanity After a Week of Insanity

I worked 55 hours this week.
Now, to the normal, hard working American, this really may not seem like SUCH a huge issue- but for me, being the princess that I am, and living a life of luxury (I am paid for 40 hours when I usually only work 25 hours a week), this is a PAINFUL thing! Honestly though- it was a great opportunity. I paced myself through the week, got through it, and I have NEVER been so excited for Saturday! I thought I'd be exhausted and want to veg around all night, but I played and played and it was FANTASTIC. YAY for productive, busy weeks.

Chuck took me to Bubba Gump. I am obsessed with this place. Ahhhh... memories of Hong Kong. When I was there it was the only place I could find REAL, good American food. Yup. I love me some Bubba Gump.
STEVE the Tree

Shopping for a Christmas tree with the roomies. And two boys.



Spencer analyzing the branch reverb.

This is it! Our tree. His name is Steve.


The cute little high school boys putting the stand on Steve.

Loading Steve into the truck! YAY CHRISTMAS!
More pictures to come when the tree is decorated.
Why is our tree named Steve? No reason. Just is.
Hoop Dee Doo Review at Fort Wilderness
One night after work a group of us Beauty and the Beasties went to see Zack- one of our Gaston's, in another show on property- "Hoop Dee Doo Review." It's a fun dinner theatre show and there's lots of noise and hooping and hollering and yup- I had my years of that at the Playmill. Nuff for me. Ha ha.

Noisy washboards!


Me, Zack, and Lindsey

Beauty and the Beastie people.

Friiiiiiiiiied chicken!

The National tour of

HAIRSPRAY!



And on random notes...

I was thinking about several different things this week:

* Target brand cottage cheese is MUCH tastier than Wal-Mart's brand. The Wal-Mart brand sometimes tastes like mold. Blech.

* I was excited to find a radio station akin to 106.7 in Salt Lake City here in FL. 24-7 Christmas music doesn't run rampant here in FL like it does at home, so when I found 94.9 here it was a lovely thing. The only downside is that blasted "Christmas Shoes" song was on when I tuned in... and honestly- I'm so over that kid wanting to buy shoes for his momma. Did you see the movie? The shoes weren't even that fabulous!!! Ha ha.

* OK- Christmas music IS NOT effective here in FL. Driving on the freeway at 60 mph with the 80 degree winds blowing in my hair some DOES NOT correspond with "Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" I MISS UTAH. I want the snow falling, hot chocolate, apple cider, and the Christmas tree next to the fire. Sigh.

* I LOVE BARRY MANILOW. Yep, I just admitted that online- but I DO! I grew up on Barry's music and ah... I love the sappiness and sentiment. My cousin Melissa and I used to have "Barry Nights" when we lived together. We'd shut ourselves in her room an listen to Barry songs in the dark when we were mad at men. HA HA. This thought was sparked by the music playing at Bubba Gump last night... "I write the songs that make the young girls cry..." Ahhhh.

* I will not name a child Harold. Or Mildred.

* Last night at two am- as the Christmas tree sparkled in our living room and my roommate lay sleeping on the couch, I felt the need to burst into a terrible rendition of "The Christmas Song." Thank you Jennlyn for understanding my insanity. That wasn't a thought... that was something that happened... hmmm.

* Insurance is a fun thing. I have it now.

More soon.

11 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Why Harold or Mildred? By the way Trever hated his trip to Orlando and came home early, says the whole thing is too touristy and his hotel was awful and gross. It was also dumb that you were too busy while he was there, but on the bright side at least I didn't decide to come along and then spend 4 days by myself at a crappy hotel...

Harper said...

My brother and I call Barry Manilow "Barely Man-enough".

Don't hate me! :)

Mrs. Egg said...

we loved orlando & florida, but alas we were on vacation. so maybe it would be different to be living there. so is zack really tall?

Aubrey said...

What's branch reverb? I remember winters in Florida--I remember wanting it to get cold enough to wear a sweatshirt!

Amy said...

Branch reverb. I dunno. He was just seeing how the branches bounced back when he pushed them down. He was just being funny. Ha ha.

Michelle said...

Two things:

1. You named your Christmas tree after my husband? That's super nice of you. :)

2. I also have a deep and abiding love for Barry Manilow. Why have we never talked about this? Steve even took me to a Barry concert for Valentine's Day once! Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is!!

Raymond said...

So there is a Bubba Gump in HK? Tell me where! And by the way, I will be in HK in 3 weeks, muwahahahaha.....! :)

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for coming out of the "Barry" closet! It has NEVER been cool to admit that you are a fan!

Mom

Macy said...

I have a recurring dream that Barry picked me out of the audience instead of the stupid woman in front of me when I went to his concert at Park West when I was 14 years old. (I say stupid because she didn't even know the words to "Can't Smile Without You. I mean, come on.) In my dream, his manager is backstage and is so impressed with my voice that he offers me a record deal on the spot and then I become famous.

Seriously, though. I love Barry. His best songs have at least two key changes. I'm glad to know I share another love with Michelle. (We both love watching pageants. Miss A in January! Go G.I. Jane!)

Aubrey said...

Um Amy, what happened? We want more postings, even if you have to sing them...
You don't have kids for an excuse and jobs don't count! (They don't pester you when you're on the toilet.)

Aubrey said...

Oh yeah--my mom told me that one of the winters when we lived in Florida it actually got down to freezing and we had to use a space heater and the fire place because we didn't have a furnace--just a heat pump, which is like a swamp cooler for winter. Nuts, huh? I wondered why I remember there being a swamp cooler in the bathroom a few times when we showered. I guess I wore my sweat shirt a lot.