Saturday, November 03, 2007

My Nightly Rendezvous with Mr. Flashlight



While most of you fine folk have a husband, wife, or even small child to cuddle with during the night, there are those of us who are left with- well, stuffed animals like the Binky Bear I've been sleeping with since I was three years old. Turns out, as of last night, my Binky Bear, complete with Amy's baby-teeth-chew-marks around the yellow plastic binky, was replaced.

I have this flashlight. It's a lovely black and red little flashlight used for scripture reading when I am too lazy to get out of bed and turn the lights off when my nightly ritual is complete. Thank you Wal-Mart and your 87 cent lighting deals. (Why is there no cents key on a keyboard?)

Uh hem. Last night Mr. Flashlight stayed in my bed. Early in the morning hours of November 3, 2007, I awoke to find Mr. Flashlight clutched in my arms as my cheek pressed neatly against it's handle. Hmmmmm. So I chucked it across the bed and fell back into a dreamy slumber.

Fast forward one hour- I awake again, only to find that Mr. Red and Black Flashlight has found his way back into my freckled arms. Huh.

Again, hours later, I realize that this crazy flashlight is snuggled up to me yet once again!!!

At least two more times last night I found myself wrapped around Mr. Flashlight.

I have no idea what all this means. I just wanted to share. Hmmm.

4 comments:

Mrs. Egg said...

hmm..why is there no cents key on the key board not enough room he was the one to get kicked off..
did you have any imprints on your face where you cuddled with him?

Trever and Heather said...

Weird. I think the flashlight has a crush on you...

Aubrey said...

Put it under the bed--it can't jump.

Trevor said...

It's a ghost. Next time take out its batteries. The flashlight's, not the ghost's.