# 1 Dirt and Germs and More Brown Stuff
Steering wheel gunk: Amy's challenge to you for this week- take a cleaning wipe- say one of those orange smelling ones- and wipe off your steering wheel. You will be amazed at what you find. Yuck. I am never touching a Wal-Mart grocery cart and driving my car again!
# 2 Assistance 4 Aubrey
Will someone please go to Aubrey's house and teach her to put photos on her blog. We need to see her cute face and the faces of her cute kids on the Internet. Yup. Jenna?
# 3 Fluffy Tummies Crave JUNK FOOD!
Please explain to me why, right before we ladies are to experience our monthly visit from Aunt Flo, we feel gross and fat - BUT - all we can do is think of eating junk. I know my dear friend Terrah understands what I am talking about... One summer at the Playmill she downed an entire bag of mini Snickers the day her period began. I ask you, WHY? I am experiencing this joyful time in my life right now, and all I could eat for lunch was a bunch of M & M's as I glared down and my bulging mid-section. And did I CARE? Mmmmm... not really! (And I have been so GOOD lately! BLEH!) All I wanna do is eat pizza and candy and chocolate and cinnamon rolls and ANYTHING that is bad for me.
# 4 Men and Their Egos.
They bug me. The end.
# 5 Divine Something
How can anyone look at the world... the sky, the people around us, the ocean, mountains, ANYTHING- and not believe we're here for a REASON?? I have no comprehension of believing that we're all just here by chance and that when it's over- we just cease to exist. Maybe I am simple minded and unaware of what other people comprehend and choose to believe- but I just look at everything around me and am AMAZED by every little thing.
# 6 Like a Birdie
I like to fly. Makes me feel closer to heaven.
# 7 Kim
I hope my roomie Kim gets this new job she's applying for.
# 8 My Other Limb
Uh hem... my microphone has become an extension of my body this week. After 22 shows in five days, I keep feeling like something is missing as I sit here on my computer... at HOME. HELP MY LIFE. Ha.
26 comments:
#4: Hee hee!
For the steering wheel thing...I make the same challenge to anyone who works in an office...only with your keyboard, printer, copy machine, phone and whatever else you touch a lot. Its amazing how GRIME builds up...and rather disgusting. October is a slow month for family housing, so lets just say that Jamie entertains me a LOT (on chat) and that all my office equipment is grime free!
Okay... #4... You have to expand on that thought. Because I am a man and while I exude bravado I do not have a proportionate ego. (As he casually looks at that statement and sees how many times he typed the word "I") lol. But, seriously. It is a no win situation with most women. You try to start an actual conversation with them by asking how things are going and they grab their friend and say'"Let's go dance!" and promptly storm off like you might as well have spit at them! But if you act like you have a lot of confidence they say you have a HUGE ego. So, how is a guy supposed to win? What's the ideal way to approach an Amy in their natural surroundings?
Oh, yeah! And don't forget that if you show genuine compassion and caring for them then you get stuck in the "Friend Zone." How cruel is that. Biology is a terrible thing.
Thank you for your ramblings, Amy. I have wanted to ramble several times on my blog and refrained myself. I just need to do it.
Boys are confusing. I am so glad I am married and don't have to deal with that anymore! Now all I have to deal with is living with a messy boy. :) But I love him anyway too! ;)
okay, i will work on getting to aubrey's house. but seeing that it is thursday and 1pm and i just woke up and have to leave for work soon weekdays are out. so maybe a weekend day. i like random thoughts, and that you are posting more. what boy is buggin you?
Hmm... Do I tell you who I am or let the mystery of it all consume you?
Lets just put it this way... I knew you a long time ago and I just happened to stumble upon your Blog when I was searching for some eighties stuff a while ago. And it is super kewl to see that you are doing so well and that you are so happy. You were always the most kind and honest person I knew. (Biff was #2) So, I stop in every once in a while.
Think on that one for a bit. ;)
(And no, I am not an ex boyfriend)
That's the last hint for the day.
Ego-Boy-
Amy is right egos do get in the way of otherwise rational circumstances, hugging or singing a random song always end this ego problem.
Mr. Anonymous- Amy doesn't need anymore anonymous males. She's a princess in Disneyworld for crying out loud!
Love you Amy! The Office is on right now- so I gotta go. I know you understand.
OK- thinking, thinking. ... .. ..... ............ .. .... .... I NEED MORE CLUES! This is going to drive me crazy in a fun and "Who from my past is looking at my blog?" kind of way. So here are my clues:
*You know me. (DUH)
*You know my sister.
*You know that I call my sister BIFF.
*You are a witty writer.
*You have a taste for 80's child stuff.
*You use google.
*You are not Paul, Brant, Ben, the OTHER Paul, or Lucas.
*You like mystery and intrigue.
I am thinking we're talking "long time ago" as in high school or before days. Right? Need more clues. And have a lovely day. :-)
Hmm... You are too smart for typical clues. You would have me in checkmate in a heartbeat. It takes time to think of clues that won't give me away. How about this one... You used to be obsessed with the song 'Angel' from the City of Angels soundtrack.
And yes, we are talking "long time ago" as in the days of Heather Lane and High School.
-to Heather... I can't think of anyone more deserving of mystery and adoration than Aimster.
I'm not sure I like the nom de plume of Mr. Anonymous, though. I'll have to think of a better one if this line of conversation continues. Maybe Cyrano. Then I could write you poetry. ;-)
You have a lovely day as well.
I think I could be onto you. You first came around when I was a 9th grader... stayed until about my first year of college... Terrace Plaza Playhouse. Diane.
I think this boy has issues...maybe that's why he's not telling. lol
Close. But by the time you left for college I think I had already left Utah. Not sure. I have pretty much been gone ever since. But I do know Diane. We still talk. And yes. Terrace Plaza "Drama Factory."
---and I was 18 when we met.
You are WAY too smart. LOL
You had left Utah by then- but we still had contact up until right after Christmas '99 or 2000. It is all a blur.
And yes, I am smart. Took me like 20 minutes of thinking to realize you're the only person who would know all those things.
Well, yeah. I'm not good at that whole secrecy thing. lol. Which, ultimately, is probably a good thing!
So, how have you been...aside from awesome! It makes me so genuinely happy that you are pursuing your dreams. ---And hey, Heather... I was the FIRST guy to give her an official Beauty and the Beast rose. It glowed and everything!
Okay, so is this guy going to tell us his name or what?!
lol. My legal name is Alexander. Though Amy knew me as David. I am a record producer currently in school at Berklee (Boston not Cali.) for Recording Studio Engineering and Technology. My favorite types of music are New Wave from the 80's and standards like Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darrin. I like long walks on the beach and puppies and I always wanted to be great friends with Amy but never had the moxie to even talk to her unless we ended up eating together by sheer happenstance. Is that enough info? If you want more I could direct you to my MySpaces. lol
But, I was really good friends with her mom... SO,.. I got to pick out Christmas presents for Amy (Jewelry, video games, etc. etc.) and hear about how much she LOVED them... but i never got to be there. What a sad existence that was.
(Sorry for posting so much tonight. I am at work and I am done with everything and stuck here for a few hours)
Uh oh, Amy. Sounds like someone has a crush on you! ;)
Going to Berklee? I thought you were back in Utah...
I am. And while I can't be there in person I am taking their online courses. They count for the same credits and as long as I finish up there then I still get the same degree. There are a few classes I'll have to take over again when I get there but... I dunno. I might just try to get an internship with LA East or something instead. They are very hands on... even with the online stuff because you interact with the same professors live while mixing. I just think that I will learn more applicable knowledge by doing it. They can't teach you a producer's ears. Ya know? A degree in that is something nice to have but most of the greatest producers out there never saw the inside of a classroom for it. I'm kind of torn. I'm already doing freelance Mastering for a studio and working with another studio (contracted out of LA EAST) on some stuff. I also have paid bookings coming up. You went to school for performing arts... what are your thoughts? I know it's fun! I'm having a blast with it all! But I don't know if it is going to help me in the long run as far as a career. Do you wanna talk through email or myspace? I feel like we are filling up your whole blog. lol.
The only reason I say "Boston not Cali." is because everyone systematically asks, "...Isn't that a law school? I didn't know they taught recording studio stuff."(I think they do teach Music Law though. Thank goodness Utah isn't regulated like that. More freedom.)
So, what are you going to be for Halloween? O_o
Ha I like that, thats niffty! :)
Post a Comment