Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sunny Life in Florida





So I pretty much decided that I don't write enough about my life here in Florida. I had LOTS of things to write about when I was in Hong Kong. I mean, I had things like language barriers, weird smells, and four-year-old primary children to write about when I was there- but here- ya know... it's just life. It's the good ol' USA where I can go to Taco Bell at any given moment, Wal-Mart is a nightly activity, and I can go wherever I want, WHENEVER I want, in my cute little Sophie. I love it. Yep, life is good here in Florida.



My life here is pretty simple and fabulous. I work five days a week. On Sunday and Monday I do all five shows scheduled at the stage. On the other three days, I simply do two or three of the five shows. (The catch is that no matter how much I work- 2 hours or 7 hours, I get paid for a full 8 hours per day... I love my job) I live in a fabulous new house in back of the Magic Kingdom with five girls from the ward. We have great times and I have an amazing bedroom that I will be devastated to part with. Ha ha.

This is my job:


Rawr. Rawr. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr. That's pretty much all this Beast says, bless his lil' heart. But I love him anyway I guess.

This is Adam.

I promised Adam- probably a month ago- that I would write about him on my blog. Soooooo here I go- Adam is my best friend at the stage. From the very beginning he opened himself up to me and was just... well, nice to me! We entertain each other- he particularly loves my great dancing skills- we ride bikes, for awhile we had a great text messaging story about Julio's political endeavors, and he's just a fabulous guy. I am bored out of my mind on the days that Adam is not at work with me. Yup. He's 19 (almost 20, I KNOW), and has a great career ahead of him. He's already an Equity dancer here at Disney, and Japan, a cruise ship, and lots of other things are awaiting him I'm sure. Oh yeah- did I mention that he's Episcopalian? (WHATEVER THAT IS!!) Ha ha.



Marcus left the show about two weeks ago to be in the international tour of West Side Story. COOL! This is our engagement photo... even though his boyfriend may get a little jealous... Sorry Seth...
Are all you people envious of my life yet?!?!? Hee hee.





3 comments:

Kecia said...

YAY! Amy's writing about her life in Florida! Even the fact that the sun is shining is exciting for us Utahn's. So what weird things do people in Florida do? They must have some quirks? Like in LA everyone left their Christmas lights up all year and when it was time to paint the house they painted EVERYTHING...even cobwebs in the corner, tape on the ceiling and bugs on the walls. Start watching, I'm sure you'll find something funny to tell us about!

Harper said...

I miss Florida.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I want to go sooo bad! I hope I can save enough money up! It's not looking so good rigth now.... I might need help from some people, but we'll figure it out hopefully.. yeah! :)