Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Long Awaited "CARD".


Today I officially became a member of Actors' Equity. It's a great day in the world of a performer, and even though I've been working under an Equity Principal contract for three months now, I finally OFFICIALLY joined the union TODAY. Now I have this lovely (temporary until my REAL card comes...) fluorescent orange card- with my name on it- that somehow makes my world as a performer a whole lot bigger. Exciting.

6 comments:

Jason Graham said...

Congrats Chreeve! Lots a love!

Mrs. Egg said...

is it something you stay in forever? sorry i'm a stage friend newbie?

Amy said...

No- I don't have to stay in it forever. If I figure out next week that it's just not gonna work for me, I can get out. It's just a really good thing to be involved in because now I can go to Broadway and tour auditions and I will FOR SURE be seen by the casting directors. It also means that when I DO work- the producers are REQUIRED to pay me a certain amount of money and are required to follow certain rules and treat me a certain way. Yup. It's a good thing. It also will make me more reputable as a teacher when I finally settle down and have kids but teach on the side. I can charge more. :-) Hee hee.

Jamie said...

Awesome! Yes, unions are a good thing. Kelly works for UPS and they have a union that he is a part of. They have a lot of good perks! Anywho...good job Amy!

Aubrey said...

Awesome--I need a Mom's Union. I want payment for my suffering and to tour Broadway and I want my children to follow cerain rules and treat me a certain way. I'm thinking I'm heading down the road toward being reputable, but in a negative way (or wasn't I already on that road--beginning in 8th grade and worsening dramatically in high school?!).

libby said...

congrats amy! that's so exciting! you're gonna be a star!!!