Well, this weekend I have been home for TEN, yes, TEN weeks. Uh, CRAZY. Things have just been so GO GO GO since I got home that I really haven't had a lot of time to process it all. For the first few weeks I was COMPLETELY immersed in learning Millie and getting it going... but once the show opened I had more time to think... and get SAD about leaving life in Hong Kong. I LOVE being home, but every time I get an email from those people I love in Hong Kong, my heart hurts a little... sometimes a lot. For a period of about three weeks there I would cry almost every night on my drive home from the theatre.
I miss teasing Alex, the hunchback. I miss talks with Ralion and Noel. I miss coming up with " today's highlights" with Andy. I miss Fiona- her friendship and her spirituality. I miss Alisia being the sweetest thing ever to me. I miss saying "Hi Amy," to Amy Cho. I miss watching and hearing the vocalists freak out when Russ, Ronnie, and Jen come to the show- not the FAB FIVE!!!! I miss Matt complaining. I miss not having a CLUE what Simon just said to me. I miss having Candy, “my twin” close by. I miss hearing Harry say, "Amy, you'll so hawt!" I miss Sam. I miss Kimbe. I miss Jinky being loud with me. I miss saying "josun" when I get to work in the morning. I miss being called "Bad Belle." I miss Donald chasing me after the finale. I miss mic checks. I miss blocking Ralion as he tried to get on stage for the finale. I miss The Donny Osmond shirt on my costume rack. I miss Kenny. (Do I miss Kenny?) I miss crazy Michelle. I miss Julie Wednesdays. I miss Anthony shunning me before the finale. I miss Mason looking at me like I am insane. I miss playing on the balcony before my scene with Jen and Lilu. I miss telling Lilu that he has a crush on me. I miss Tetchie yelling “Belle!” “Belle!” I miss making Kelvin laugh. I miss Gillian, Helen, and Justine asking me why I am so happy. I miss being called "The Happy Guhl." I miss Jade's bodily function noises in the dressing room. I miss Sunshine's dancing. I miss Roy calling me gorgeous. I miss saluting, along with Andy, to Steve and Simon as they swooped on stage as Tarzan. I miss trying to repeat the Cantonese dialogue of the show right after the opener. I miss Raymond telling me about his baby and constantly singing anything and everything. I miss dragging myself to morning meeting on a standby day. I miss Franz passing gas in his Beast costume. I miss watching everyone sleep in the green room. I miss ballet warm-ups... not I don't... I miss counting down days with Elisha. I miss my Belle costume. I miss sleeping with the blue couch cushions on my head. I miss hanging out in my "corner." I miss squatting with Alice. I miss Ballerina Donald (Gloriza). I miss making faces and doing dumb things to the folks across the way before going on for the finale. I miss dressing up like a Chinese man with a stick- "HOW MANY HUNS ARE YOU GOING TO KILL?!?!?" I miss throwing Anthony's Mulan costume around in the back hallway. I miss wearing just my bloomers and a t-shirt between shows. I DON'T miss the yellow usher pants.
I miss my apartment. I miss Keilyn, Isabelle, Madelyn, Whitman, and Christian. I miss Gayle, Lydia, and Addy- who calls me "Maimie."
... This post is a work in progress. I am tired and need to sleep. More to come.
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Doot doo doo... Life.
Posted by
Amy
at
1:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, AMY!!!! That makes me want to cry, too!! - Mom :-(
Post a Comment