Saturday, March 24, 2007

"How I Know the End is Near." BUT FIRST...


Mazda6

OR

Mazda3




I am currently taking votes on which car to get. Soooooooooo I need opinions. I had not even really considered the Mazda3- really- until my friend Sam wrote me and got me thinking about it... (darn you, Sam...) I have said, since day 1, that I was going to come home and buy a Mazda6. I love them. I have loved them ever since I was driving home from Murray in 2003 (four years ago, people) and saw one on the road. Yes, I WANT one. However, there may be some advantages to the Mazda3. It's still cute and all. Hmmmm. Anyway, if y'all know someone with one of these cars or just feel significantly one way or the other (in other words... which car is "cuter"), EXPRESS YOUR OPINION AND LEAVE A COMMENT! Yup. If I get a Mazda6 it will be blue, if I get a Madza3 I think I will go with black. I NEED HELP! :-)

Anyway...

HOW I KNOW THE END IS NEAR:

* I was a blonde when I came here... REALLY blonde. My blondes are now five inches away from my roots... hee hee. So now I am back to dirty-blonde Amy... you know what I mean.

* My aunts Jodi and Becky arrive tomorrow. They've been on my calender for "the last week that I am here" for months. TOMORROW. They get here TOMORROW. That means I leave ONE WEEK from TOMORROW. Did y'all get that? TOMOOOOOORRRROW.

* During the show I find myself thinking about the MOST random things. Like the other day during "Mulan," I found myself remembering a night in high school, maybe even junior high, when my best friend Heather and I babysat her niece and nephew in Roy. Ooooook. Yep, random thoughts= REALLY BORED with show.

* The things have have always bugged me about HK now REALLY bug me. Like I always say, I have LOVED it here and the experience has been awesome, but there are little things that can drive a person crazy... and the last few weeks, they HAVE been.

* I completed my Hong Kong taxes yesterday and got giddy when I calculated how much I am bringing home. I am not a shopaholic kind of girl... but when I have money, I CAN be. Hmmmm... first thing I am doing is putting a LARGE chunk of what I bring home into savings. Then I will HIDE that account on my "online banking." Money? What money? Hee hee. Actually I am VERY good with money and have been proud of myself for strictly following a budget and everything while I have been here. I am cool.

* The humidity of Hong Kong is on it's way back... that means AMY LEAVES. Amy doth not enjoy humidity.

* I have a job already set up at home! Last night I talked to the manager of the box office at the Hale in West Valley- where I will be doing Millie. I am going to work in their box office during the day- perfect. Yup, I am happy because I REALLY didn't wanna work in a chiropractor's office again... Ha ha. Anyway- I'm putting that degree to GOOD USE I tell ya. :-) HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA.

AND FINALLY:

* I have a flight itinerary that says I leave the Hong Kong airport at 11:45 AM on Sunday, April 1, 2007. That's next Sunday. That means I have one week left. ONE WEEK.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, with the car, just get a Mazda6.. it's what you've been dreaming of the whole time, no room for replacement thoughts! lol And my dad just told me that they're a little bigger.. ya know.. more leg room (or for friends to pile up in it, but I guess you don't do that anymore.. we got seven kids in a car that only has the capacity for four passengers lol don't ask how, we don't know!) OH OH OH!!!! Vern G. and our facilitator said we'll most likely be getting a date next week!!!! I'm not sure what makes them think that, but mom and dad went to the temple on thursday and mom said she felt peace about it, and she hasn't felt that in a long time, so I'm taking it as a good sign Another family that was kinda in the same boat (not as bad though) got their date, May 24th or 25th.. so we'll probably be in June which is good becuase then mom won't have to miss lindz graduation, they talked about it awhile ago and Lindz said she'd be ok if they were gone for it and that she'd have you and granny take lots of pics :) I can't wait for you to get back and see the fat baby and some other things! hehe! :D:D:D:D

Brooke said...

Definately the Mazda 6.

My reason-because it's cuter,

Ty's reason-because it has a V6 engine (he refuses to buy anything with less).

Matt Armstrong said...

Tom has the Mazda 3 Hatchback and it's a very zippy little car. It gets better gas mileage than the 6. Other than that, I don't have an opinion one way or the other. If you've got your heart set on a 6, get it. :)

Anonymous said...

APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!! lol hehehehe

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kallie, you have been thinking about the Mazda6 since day one. It is bigger, more powerful, and comes with a few other perks that the Mazda3 doesn't offer. That said, gas mpg will be worse. It is also the more "pratical" choice if you are thinking about the future. Having driven both I think the Mazda3 is more sporty and fun to drive than the Mazda6. It will save you a few thousand dollars in cost, not to mention the added mileage you will get with each gallon. On the cute-ness scale the Madza3 wins as well. The 6 is a bigger, "family"-style car, like the Toyota Camry or the Nissan Maxima. I like the black idea too, though white and silver aren't bad either. If it was me I would shy away from blue, resale isn't as good. So yeah, pretty much blew your idea out of the water. Haha! I think you will be happy with either one so don't stress. Later girl!

Alicia said...

Hey Amers,

So I have no idea about either car, but the 3 is a lot cuter than the 6. But, go with what you want. Actually why don't you go and test drive both of them. So remember the time your keys fell out of the car in Rexburg. Well with your car still running you got out to look for them...then you slipped and fell under the car. When that guy came running up to you, you looked up at him (half under the car, with one foot still in the car) and said "I lost my keys." Funny car story...

Anyways I'll see you in a few weeks. Love ya, lic

spidey said...

Call me crazy, but I'm excited for your return lol. And I say go for the blue 6..I've been in love with those since X Men 2. And if it's what you've always wanted, then get it. I wanted an Eclipse forever, but got a deal on a Mustang. To this day I still wonder....lol. (I know, I'm a comic nerd...but there are WAY worse vices out there haha).