So I decided that the blog needed a new look... exciting. Ha ha.
This is the Christmas tree in the Green Room at work. All of the decorations we have up around the theatre are quite interesting. :-) It's a great, RANDOM mix of an American, Aussie, Filipino, Mainland China, and Hong Kong Christmas. "Sing dong fie low"- Merry Christmas in Cantonese... I think. Hee hee.Today was lovely. I did my two shows, and I was off work by 2:00!!! I LOVED it!!! First of all, it was AT LEAST 80 degrees outside (Yes people at home, I AM trying to make you jealous!), and I had time to just go do WHATEVER!!!
A friend of mine from church had told me about a mexican food place up the escalators in Central- in SoHo to be exact. (That means NOTHING to most of you...) I had been waiting to eat there ALL WEEK LONG- and today was the day! Don't worry, I ate FOUR fajitas, a basket of tortilla chips, and THEN I went next door to this deli that sells American candy bars. So after gorging myself on mexican food I ALSO downed a Reese's PB Cup AND a Butterfinger (a mini one!). Oh yeah- AND I had eaten a Krispy Kreme donut for breakfast. Hmmmm. I like food that tastes good.
After rolling myself out of Taco Loco, I wandered around, bought a hat I didn't really want but the Chinese ladies talked me into it... (THAT is the DANGER of those markets I tell you!), and then I went hunting for a new digital camera. It's one of my Christmas presents to myself. I found a great one- a Nikon CoolPix S5- it's pretty cool. I got a fairly good price on it, but then I made the mistake of coming home and googling it and finding out that at WAL MART I could have purchased it for $40 LESS! Sigh. Oh well, I will sleep better tonight knowing that Leo (the man who I bought the camera from) and his 6 children (ha ha) are eating better tonight because their daddy hooked up a Disney princess with a new camera. Sigh. :-) Won't lie though- I am buying a video camera from Wal-Mart and NOT from Leo in Hong Kong. :-) Hee hee.
BIFF AND BRETT (My sister and her hubby) come THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!
WHEN ARE THE REST OF YOU COMING????
Yeah well, that's about it for now. Life in the HK is rolling along swimmingly.
1 comment:
Hahahaha! Wally's world! Were you there? I know Biff was... Take pics and send them to me :D LOVE YA!
Post a Comment