Sunday, September 03, 2006

"I Love Belle" and Other Adventures of Sunday in HK




Kaitlyn Sloan (6) drew this picture for me during Sacrament Meeting today. She overheard me talking to her parents about the fact that I am playing Belle in a show at Disneyland. The best part is that she noticed that I am a blonde, but Belle is a brunette. So, she drew me in a wig with some blonde hair coming through. TOO, TOO CUTE! In case you can't tell, the picture says "I love Belle." This kid was adorable- with a cute little Austrailian accent and everything!


The handles in the train to Hong Kong Disneyland. Too cute.


Disney even went all out on the trains that take guests to the park! This train is FANCY!


So the last couple days have been great. Yesterday (Saturday) I explored Hong Kong a bit. The train system here is pretty simple to figure out, so I'm not afraid of it anymore! :-) Hee hee. I am excited to get into the show and a work schedule so that I can really get out and explore now that I kind of have the transportation thing figured out. I was able to get to a grocery store (YAY YAY!), and I also found a Pizza Hut- where PS- they have Hawaiian pizza. Yup, I can survive here. Ha ha. It's still really humid here. Ugh.

Today I took the train and the bus to get to church in Discovery Bay. The branch there is very small, and full of many different nationalities. I went to church today with Phillipenos, Koreans, Japanese, New Zealanders, and Americans. There were probably other nationalities represented there but these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head ;-) Everyone was SO friendly and basically attacked me- the new American girl. Like I said, this little girl Kaitlyn, who sat behind me, was so adorable. I will keep the picture she drew for me forever! Where's my scrapbook?!?!?! :-)

I am scheduled to be on stage on Saturday! YAY! I am anxoius for that because that also means I will be able to move into my apartment. That will be really nice. Yup, life here is going just swell! :-)

I AM TAKING RESERVATIONS AT THE "AMY'S APARTMENT IN HONG KONG HOTEL." It's a first come, first serve thing, so reserve your dates now!!! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm glad you found the Chruch!! The people sound fun, especially the little Austrailian Girl....I love the picture she drew, especially the blonde hair coming out of your brown wig!! I'm working TONS of overtime so I can come and see you. Grandma sends her love, and she is reading up on Hong Kong. And you know, as much fun as we had, West Yellowstone was not the same without you!! We iss you!!!

Anonymous said...

lol! Thats so cool! So our peaches are ripe now.... :P They're so good!!! I would send some to you... but that would be a pretty nasty package to open up. I love you Amy!!!! I miss you!!!!
:D Kallie :D

Anonymous said...

Amy I miss you so much! Love you!