And PRESENTING.... MY HOME. Still in progress.My little apartment in Hong Kong is slowly looking more like "home." I am all about decorating CHEAPLY because I won't be able to take any of this stuff home anyway... SOOOOOOOO I found these pillows for like $5 US each. So I got four of them and when I find some more colors I'll add to it. Ha ha. Rainbow colors. Random... whatever. It's cheap! I also bought a PLANT.
Brooke, Blake, Biff, and any Shreeve people appreciate this next picture: Hardee's is still here in Hong Kong- only it uses the Carl's Jr. star! Weird huh? Anyway, I had to take a picture because of all the time we used to spend at Hardee's. Every Saturday morning we'd play in the balls at Hardee's. Ha ha. Our grandpa would take us there while he met with all his friends, and afterwards we would go to the CAR WASH. THAT was living I tell ya! :-)
Brooke, Blake, Biff, and any Shreeve people appreciate this next picture: Hardee's is still here in Hong Kong- only it uses the Carl's Jr. star! Weird huh? Anyway, I had to take a picture because of all the time we used to spend at Hardee's. Every Saturday morning we'd play in the balls at Hardee's. Ha ha. Our grandpa would take us there while he met with all his friends, and afterwards we would go to the CAR WASH. THAT was living I tell ya! :-)


Again, I heart Bryan Madsen. He officially wins the prize of being the first person to send me mail... and BOY was I excited!!! YAY! He sent me a DVD of our New York Showcase back in May. Made me smile. It also made me a little sentimentally sad inside. I love all those people and it's weird knowing that now we've all gone our own ways and are doing whatever...

Last week- On my day off I went to Kowloon Tong and saw the temple. Happy. :-) I also went into the mini Distribution Center they have. It was fun.

This is the view from my living room and guest room on a CLEAR day here in Hong Kong. Have I convinced anyone to come YET????

What the??? This magnet was here on my fridge when I came. I thought it was funny so I am posting a picture. :-)

This is the gate to Hong Kong Disneyland. Just thought I'd show y'all where I am working. :-)Anyway, so life here in Hong Kong continues to be good. Tonight I started a Cantonese class that the sister missionaries in the Branch are teaching. I am sure I will just learn the basics... this language is INSANE. It has 9 different TONES, so the same word can mean something COMPLETELY different depending on the TONE you use. Scary. Ha ha. Anyway, I will give it a try, I guess. :-)
Wednesdays and Thursdays are my days off until November 11. My "work week" really goes fast- it's five days long and my schedule goes something like this:
* Friday: PM Shift (I go in at 2:30 and finish around 7- ususally 2 shows)
* Saturday: Standby (USUALLY two shows... depends on if it's a PEAK day or not)
* Sunday: I am SCHEDULED for the AM shift but one of the girls has been GREAT to trade me for PM several times so I can get to church in the morning
* Monday: Standby (1 show... not a peak day)
* Tuesday: AM shift (Start at 11:00 and work till 2:15)
I am starting to really recognize places and I don't feel NEARLY as disoriented as I have. I am learning my way around! WAHOO!Oh yeah... and another big
CONGRATS
goes out to my dear friend and former roomie Andrea... she was just cast as Laurey in Oklahoma at BYU. I AM SO HAPPY FOR HER!!! YAY YAY YAY!So that's life for me here. All is happy and well in the HK. I still want visitors. :-)
7 comments:
Party at Hardees! I forgot about the car wash, but isn't that amazing how easy it is to entertain kids?!
THE CAR WASH WAS THE BEST!!! :-) Ha ha. I love it.
Yay for mail! Concert rocked... details to come. Be freaking happy!
Sweet! Sounds like life is going great! Tonight Justin came home to go to a "Father Son" camp with Matt and Dad. So Mom has something planned for just Lindz and me, and apparently we've never done it before, so I'm excited! But I'm just glad that moms ok after just getting out of the wreck. Even though she's not seriously injured, its shaken me up a bit, but I'll still have fun tonight :) I'm glad you're having a great time in the HK as you put it ;) lol LOVE YA!
I'm totally gonna send you a letter sometime. And I learned this little trick after I sent Hailey a letter while she was at camp and never got a reply back; I'm gonna include a return address.
Hey Amy,
I am glad that you are having fun. I wonder if there is a ice cream shop there that serves "Brains" that would be yummy! Just for your info, Hardees are Carls Jr.'s on the East, smae commercials, Everything, just the original name. Love ya lots, lic
Dad wanted me to inform you that the pic on the wall, the one my mom made for ya, is slightly crooked ;) Haha, he's crazy! Yeah, we all love ya Amy! Glad all is going well :D
Post a Comment