Well, goodbye to the elegance and service of being waited upon. Yesterday I moved into my apartment at the Gold Coast in New Territories. The apartment is great- granted, not as deluxe as the website makes it sound (but what website ever really tells the truth??). Anyway, it's nice and moving here makes me a little TOO anxoius for people to come use the extra room. :-) I am on the 11th floor in tower# 7. It's got a great view, and after getting it decorated a bit it will be quite a nice little home for me. (By the way, the above picture comes from the hotel... I just thought those elevators were awesome...)
Moving in was a bit tough. Yesterday it was POURING all day long. All I have ever seen it do here in Hong Kong is "mist heavily." But yesterday it was POURING rain. I had to get all my stuff moved in that- and it was hard, but I made it. I finally got into my apartment only to discover that the phone, the internet, and the TOILET weren't working. Fuuuun. Actually it's funny because not having the internet gave me the biggest trauma of all. I am waiting to hear if my cousin Melissa is having her baby... and noy having that connection with home made me wanna scream! :-)
Anyway, so all is well here in Hong Kong. Today I went out into a few places I haven't been before. I am reminded that I AM IN CHINA. The streets smell funny and women smell like mothballs. I love them, but they do.
So this next picture is something that made me smile SO big. For those of you who don't know, the bear in the picture is "Binky Bear." I have had her since I was three, or "free," and brought her along with me. Well, one night after rehearsal I came into my room and "turndown service" had occured. Whoever did it had found Binky Bear and placed her on the bed with a breakfast menu in hand. It made me laugh! I loved it. It was like something my mom would do at home. I felt taken care of. Ha ha.

This is the only "Belle" picture I have so far. More will be coming. The mother of one of the girls came and took some pics... so hopefully they will have turned out MUCH better.




3 comments:
I would love to come! I laughed when you wrote that the lack of internet won over the toilet in frustration... hope both are working! LOVE!
Well, I'm glad your internet is working... but she still hasn't had the baby! She needs to have the baby! lol! Yeah... don't worry, as soon as I can I'll tell you when she has it ;)
I love how they set up the binky bear! That is so cute. I'm glad you're doing well. It sounds like you're haveing a great time!
Post a Comment