
Well, as of tomorrow I have been here in Hong Kong three whole weeks! I think I am here for 32 total, so 29 more to go! But who's counting? I mean really though. I am loving it here. I really CAN NOT believe that dressing up and singing is my JOB. I am used to going to rehearsals and doing shows and all that, but THAT is my JOB. I don't have to get a "day job." Uh, THAT makes me happy- no working in the chiropractor's office for me!!! Anyway...
I spent time this week exploring a bit more. I was feeling like Miss Independence on Wednesday when I went into Wan Chai (downtown Hong Kong Island area) by myself and managed to find exactly what I was looking for. Granted, I had to walk around the block twice to "orient" (HA HA!) myself, but I DID it! It was fun.
My first show was on Friday at 5:15. It went really well and I am VERY happy to do done with rehearsals and to be into a regular work schedule. I am scheduled to work the AM shift on Sundays, but one of the girls was REALLY generous and traded me her afternoon shift for my morning one. Now I can at least get to church in the mornings on Sundays. Hopefully, once I have been here a little while, I will be able to request Sundays off. We'll see. Tomorrow I am going to the Victoria 1st Ward in Wan Chai. I take a few different trains to get there, but it's worth it! My days off for the next month are Wednesday and Thursday, so that will be great this week, because on WEDNESDAY I am moving into my apartment! YAY! There are good places to get things to decorate with, and if I can do it cheaply, that will be lots of fun. More exploring ahead for Amy!!! I need to figure out all the places that we went last year on YA tour... we went to a big marketplace on one of the last days here in Hong Kong. Anyone know where that was (Chad Little....) ??? :-)
Yep, so life is good. I am anxiously awaiting word that my cousin Melissa is ready to have her baby boy, Nathan. She is due on the 10th and I am excited to get pictures and everything. Thanks LOTS everyone for comments on the blog and for emails and stuff. I miss everyone a lot. I miss a great social life, but things are GREAT here and I know it's where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. Life is beautiful!!! Be happy.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
To Go Along With the Video
Posted by
Amy
at
9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think it was called the Bund or something like that. Be safe Amy! Even though you could probably kick the trash out of anyone who tried out there because you have at least a 6 inch advantage in height. Much Love!
Sorry Jason, it's not the Bund (the Bund is in Shanghai), it's the Stanley Market on the south side of the Hong Kong Island. I think you guys went there while I took Devin to Wan Chai to treat his injury on our YA tour. Amy, you can also try out the women's market in Mongkok for cheap and crazy stuff, or Citiplaza, which is my favorite mall in Hong Kong. It's at Taikoo station on the blue line of the subway and I used to live in that area. Remember, Raymond IS FROM HONG KONG!!! :) Feel free to ask me anything and have fun discovering Hong Kong! Also break lots of legs in your show too!!!
Just make sure you try all the weird food you can while you're there. :)
Cecily, Jeff, Tom, and I were all at the Miss Murray pageant tonight and we took a moment of silence because you weren't there with us to make fun of the talent competition. :)
Have fun in HK>
lol! Amy, I will tell you when Melissa is having or had the baby as soon as I can! I just wish I would know ASAP if I were at school.. but oh well :) I'm way excited!!! And the more I think about it, the more I like your brilliant idea :P:D;):) it makes me all happy and giddy inside :P lol but I'm just crazy sooo yeah :D
I think it was Mongkok that I was thinking of. Amy, you ought to keep Raymond on speed dial!
Hee hee. Guffman. Oh those days of Ricks. :-)
I went to Jon Bullough's house tonight... he's running sound for the YAYA's... I missed it for a moment... then it passed. Life is so good!
Post a Comment