Well, today was my first day "off" here in Hong Kong. I planned on going into the city with the other cast members, but when I woke up they had already left. Whoops. I slept in because last night I had an AWFUL headache. Oh well... so I was here by myself... what to do. Obviously I went into the park. I had not yet seen the actual place where I'll be working: Hong Kong Disneyland. It seriously CRACKS ME UP to see all these Chinese people wearing Goofy and Winnie the Pooh hats. GROWN MEN wearing them. It's seriously way too cute. The park is like the other Disney parks, but a lot smaller. Chinese people don't care about the rides very much. In fact, Space Mountain is their LEAST popular ride. What is the MOST popular? "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." THAT is their favorite ride here. Hee hee. (Hey, but to be honest, Peter Pan is my favorite ride in California...) Anyway, so the MAIN reason people come here to Hong Kong Disneyland is to TAKE PICTURES. You know how at home there are bus loads of oriental people taking pictures? Magnify that by a few million and you may have a glimpse of what I saw today. It was great.
Apparently today was Chinese Mary Kay day in the park. These pink umbrellas were EVERYWHERE. It made me smile. There were little makeup ladies everywhere with pink umbrellas and matching bags. Hee hee.
I also got to sit and watch the other live show here in the park: The Festival of the Lion King. It was BRILLIANT!!! AHHH! It just gave me chills and made me giddy that I am working for Disney. They do good stuff!!! :-) WAHOO! Anyway, here are some pics of the show.



By the way- any BYU people wanna come out here and join me, please?? :-)

1 comment:
lol!!! I WANT TO GO AND SEE YOU!!!! I wish I had money!!! Then I would so go there over Chrismas break or spring break or something like that!!! Stuff is usual back here, it's been fun :D MISS YA!!!
Post a Comment