This penne pasta was the best thing I have tasted since the last American meal of French toast I had the morning I left. Life is GOOOOOOD tonight. :-) (Those are VEGATABLES on top... nothing sketchy!) :-)
Uh- HELLO BANANA SPLIT!!! I was in HEAVEN with this thing. The States could learn something about banana splits! Vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice creams, blueberries, strawberries, bananas.... YUMMY. Happy me.
We won't talk about how much it all cost me. :-) ;-) :-)
Rehearsals went well today. I wish with everything in me that I could take pictures and put them up, but they won't let us. The media here in Hong Kong does ANYTHING to get dirt on Disney, and a few months ago a tape (full of who knows WHAT dirty stuff from the men's dressing room) made by some cast members was discovered by the big people. Those guys were immediately fired and all videotaping and picture taking backstage was prohibited. ("Backstage" here means ANYTHING that is behind the scenes of the actual park. I can't even take pics of the buildings I rehearse in). It stinks, but there's nothing I can do. Today we learned my "Beauty and the Beast" segment. It's fun. Now I know the entire show! YAY YAY YAY! An end to rehearsals is in sight!
-Love from the Nerd who posts pictures of her food

10 comments:
You completely crack me up! I miss our post-show dressing room chats--please do another show with me when you come back!
*drools at the sight of the ice cream split* Amy... your making me one of those when you get back :P hehehehe
Michelle!!! Hey, I am so happy you posted again!!! Comments make me happy because I know that people are reading my randomness. Ha ha. Hey- my friend April (Balaich) Strickland apparently moved into her parents basement in your ward. Could you tell her hello for me and get an email address or something for her? She was one of my best friends for years and I have lost contact with her. It would be great to get in touch again.
YES! I will be back to do a show with you again!!!! Love!
Hooray for mildly American food! Did the room service ask about "special services" and then giggle?
Ha ha Jason. You kill me. "Massage? Massage? OK OK- make love?" AHHHHHH! Yay for the YA's in China 2005. :-)
Hey Amy! I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know that I am checking up on your blog--like I said I would. It looks like you are having a lot of fun. What a cool adventure. You just need to be a little more brave with the food (although the food you took pictures of look fine). There is nothing wrong with chilled monkey brains.
I'm going to put myself in a box and mail myself to Hong Kong, so you won't have to snarf down those banana splits alone :)
- Fellow Nerd
I'm SOOOOO envious for what you are experiencing in HK! You should wait till the next group of YAs coming out to HK again next May. I can't wait to hear you speak some Cantonese... :)
Julia-
I am glad you are a blogger-- it has been fun for me to keep up on your life. It looks and sounds amazing over there. I loved your food pictures, they were great.
Keep smiling! love you~!
I am a fan of Fat Angelo's Italian food there. They give you a lot of food, but it's good.
Also, I like Joe Banana's. It's more of a Chinese Buffet, but I think it's also pretty American-friendly.
Post a Comment