Monday, August 21, 2006

First Full Day in Hong Kong!!


Today was BUSINESS. Lots of business. We went downtown to get Hong Kong ID cards, then we had to open Hong Kong-ian bank accounts where Disney will deposit our paychecks. Then we ate lunch....

Heaven bless the California Pizza Kitchen (Alan Sackett, if you are reading this I immediately thought of you and wished you were there with me) Anyway, so we went to the California Pizza Kitchen for lunch because Winnie, the girl taking us on errands, didn't think we could handle real Chinese food yet. For this I felt blessed. Seriously, just walking around the "food court" made me wanna die. All those smells of things that came back up when I was on tour with YA's last year kinda made me ill. Ha ha. I will be fine, I just need to experiment and find what I do and don't like. HOWEVER, we also went to a supermarket where they have food from all over the world. INCLUDING Honey Bunches of Oats, DiJorno Pizzas, Skippy Peanut Butter, and the same brands of CHEESE as in the States. I will grow to ADORE that supermarket.

I currently have no access to my US accounts- so I have no money. A PROBLEM. However, the guys have been wonderful to me and keep lending me money. I HATE borrowing like that, but hopefully I will get all the issues with Wells Fargo worked out before tomorrow!!!

I am the one vocalist they hired among a bunch of dancers. LOTS of the performers here are Aussies. I like their accents. I want one. Ha ha. There is another "Belle" vocalist coming, but she'll be here a week late.

Sooooo... the show. Today we sat and watch the show. CHEESY, but really fun and entertaining. AND I have NEVER, EVER, seen a more eager audience. All these cute little Chinese people BOUNDING- seriously, BOUNDING and BOUNCING into the theatre. The show is REALLY high energy with GREAT special effects and costumes. My gold dress is fabulous- in fact, I like it more than the one I wore at the Orem Hale, even though that one was stunning. I realized, when I saw the other Belle, that the reason I was cast is because of my gigantic eyes. Seeing the other girl was like looking in a mirror almost. FUN!

Anyway, so here I am sitting in my great hotel room again. Blogging. I'm a geek. Everyone is still suffering from jet lag or just being plain tired from the days events, but ya know... they all solve it by drinking then crashing. So I opt to hang out here for a little while. There is one girl who is too young to drink, so I think the two of us will become buddies. Hee hee.

Anyway, here are pictures of the hotel. One is the front of the hotel, another the view of things from my room balcony, and the other of the ocean outside the cafe. I've also put up a few pictures of my section of the show. WAHOO!!! :-)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pics!!! Thats such a pretty veiw!!! I wanna see it in real life!!! Be sure to put up lots and lots of pics for me :P lol and everyone else I guess... hehe ;) Oh yeah, my first day of highschool was pretty interesting... I went down the wrong hallway and I was late to my first period... it was pretty funny! Yeah, it was weird thinking that I'm in highschool!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are really awesome. I sure hope we are able to swing it to come visit you in Hong Kong. By the way it's not humid in UT