Thursday, June 22, 2006

BIG NEWS and a GOOD UPDATE!!!

Hi all! OK- so nothing that interesting has been going on in my life lately- which explains the lack of updates. I came home from NYC, found a job at a chiropractor's office (a pretty good job- not phenomenal, but I can't complain...) and then, out of absolutely NO WHERE, I received a phone call from the Hong Kong Disneyland casting director. Tuesday night I was helping my dad clean out our storage shed, when my phone rings from an "unavailable number." For those of you who know me well, Amy doesn't answer unavailable numbers... so I let it ring through and a few minutes later I had a message. It was this guy, Russ, from Disneyland Hong Kong, like I said, offering me a position as a vocalist in one of their shows. Sounds pretty hokey... Disneyland performing?? WELL, let me tell you that the contract I have makes me a HAPPY girl. I can pay off my student loan, buy a car, and still have some in savings. Life is good. Scary- I mean, HONG KONG??? But really, it's going to be amazing. They provide food, trasportation, my OWN apartment... (NOTE: This is the part where all of you need to start thinking, "I should save money and go see Amy in Hong Kong... when else am I ever gonna have the chance to go there and have someone to STAY with!!!??) So start saving. I will be there from Aug 19-March 31 of next year. YAHOO! The show I'm in is called "The Golden Mickeys"- it's a 25 minute Disney musical review where I will play "Belle". I dunno what else I'll be doing... singing, dancing, getting PAID well!!! YAY! Anyway, so that's the update. START SAVING AND COME SEE ME IN HONG KONG!!!

8 comments:

Joella said...

Wow! That is about the coolest thing I have read today! Congrats! You earned it!

Jinnmabe said...

good for you, shreevie. you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Maims! That's incredible!!! I'm so proud of you. We'll see if schedule would permit, I would love to go to Hong Kong. You really do deserve this.

Alicia said...

Holy wow!! Yeah amy, I am so proud of you. Just think, now you can eat all of the yummy hong kong-inese food you want. Plus we can all come visit you in Hong Kong, go out to eat, meet a little boy who will give us names like Hellary, and life will all be grand. So....are you going to be there over Christmas because that would be like the only time we could even think about coming out. Let me know. Love ya 2 DEATH!! You'll be such a pretty Belle! Lic

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm way excited for you!!! :D but I'm gunna miss you like crazy!!!! As long as your back for our sno cone runs ;) hehe Love ya tonz!!! :D

Jason Graham said...

I'm already saving! Congrats my friend and much love... yeah... lunch. :)

Brooke said...

That is awesome. Congratulations! I'd love to come see it, but highly doubt I could save enough money for a plane ticket to Hong Kong. I'm glad this opportunity came up for you. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, babe! I'm soooo proud of you. Have a blast in HOng Kong Disneyland....maybe you'll meet your prince charming!!! Call me anytime...we're back in town! Love you!