Yippee.
We're down to three weeks. Hooray! Yesterday Baby Keeler dropped and I am THRILLED that I can breathe again! I'd forgotten what I was missing. Glorious air. Weird thing is that I also slept better last night than I have in weeks. I'll take it!
The last few weeks have been filled with baby showers and me taking a stab at domesticity.
Perhaps in time I will laugh at myself for saying this, but I LOVE staying home. I LOVE doing what I want on my timetable. If I want to sew, I sew. If I want to sleep, I sleep. If I want to clean, I clean. And for now, there is time for practically all of it. It is heaven.
Yes, throwing the kid into the mix will alter things a bit, but in my idealistic head I see myself taking care of baby, cleaning the house, going on lots of walks/runs in the summertime, and doing whatever we - the itty bitty one- and I feel like. I can totally go for that.
Then again, I am a homebody. I would rather be home than anywhere else. In sweats and a t-shirt, and hair in a ponytail. That is happy to me.
And then sometimes I'm driving on I-15 and see billboards all over of a show I could be starring in... and that stings a little.
And then I get over it. :-)


2 comments:
I've ALWAYS LOVED being home with my kids! Never ever regretted it!
I love this. I'm excited for your adventures in motherhood :) Enjoy all the home days with your little man!
Post a Comment